Vivekananda HouseCurrently Closed
- Address: Kamaraj Salai (Marina beach road), Neelam Basha Dargapuram, Near Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:15 pm Details
- Phone: +044-28446188
- Ticket Price: 20 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids
Vivekananda House - Review
A Chennai attraction dedicated to the Indian Hindu monk, Swami Vivekananda, the Vivekananda House, holds high significance given its crucial role in the Ramakrishna Movement in South India. It is one of the most important attractions in Chennai, given the fact the Swami Vivekananda stayed here for 9 days during the movement, in the year 1897. Today what you get to see here is an interesting collection of Swamiji’s Life. This is a permanent collection along with some pieces hinting at the Indian culture too.
Vivekananda House Information
- Provision for the elevator for the disabled and elderly free of charge.
- No food service but restrooms are available.
Vivekananda House Ticket Prices
- Given price is for adults.
- Children from 3-12 years: INR 10
- Group ticket for school students: INR 5
Vivekananda House Opening and Closing Hours
- On Sundays and Special days half an hour extension for visitors.
How To reach Vivekananda House by Public Transport
- Vivekananda House bus station
- Ice House Bus Station
- Lady Wellington High School Bus Station
Restaurants Near Vivekananda House
- Dakshin (South Indian cuisine/approx. Rs. 3000 for two).
- Burgundy’s (Indian, Oriental, Italian and Continental/ Rs. 2,200 for two).
- Annalakshmi (South Indian, North Indian/ Rs. 800 for two).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Vivekananda House
95% of people who visit Chennai include Vivekananda House in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
55.3% of people start their Vivekananda House visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Vivekananda House
91.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vivekananda House
Vivekananda House Map
Vivekananda House Trips
Vivekananda House, Chennai Reviews
Serene place. Has everything you would need to know about Swami Vivekananda's life. Lots of interactive elements like video screening of his speech at the Parliament of Religion. Also a depiction of Vivekananda himself talking to us was made. A medidation room is the cherry on the cake. You will not regret visiting this place.
The maintenance of this place is very good.you will get see very rare and old pictures of Swami Vivekananda. There is also a 2D short Movie and 3D movie facilities available which is included in the entrance ticket that cost only 20 rupees. If you are looking for peace then visit this place. The beach is also in a walking distance.
Calm and beautiful. One can get to know of Swamijis life in detail. They also show a mini animated film which gives a beautiful message, there are meditation rooms too, entry fee is Rs 20 , they do offer different courses through out the year, a must visit if you are in Chennai!!
It's a clean place oppositie to the marina beach. It offers insights into the life of swami Vivekananda. He has stayed here for a brief period. This place also offers a meditation area which is a must visit. The area is peaceful. A short 3D movie of the speech is also shown. This 3D movie would probably be a 3/5. However overall this place deserves a 5/5 .
Every human being on the earth must visit this place at once.to know about swami Vivekananda. In front of big sea spiritual awakening will happen... Wonderful place