Vivekananda HouseCurrently Open [Closes at 12:30 pm]
- Address: Kamaraj Salai (Marina beach road), Neelam Basha Dargapuram, Near Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:15 pm Details
- Phone: +044-28446188
- Ticket Price: 20 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids
A Chennai attraction dedicated to the Indian Hindu monk, Swami Vivekananda, the Vivekananda House, holds high significance given its crucial role in the Ramakrishna Movement in South India. It is one of the most important attractions in Chennai, given the fact the Swami Vivekananda stayed here for 9 days during the movement, in the year 1897. Today what you get to see here is an interesting collection of Swamiji’s Life. This is a permanent collection along with some pieces hinting at the Indian culture too.
- Provision for the elevator for the disabled and elderly free of charge.
- No food service but restrooms are available.
- Given price is for adults.
- Children from 3-12 years: INR 10
- Group ticket for school students: INR 5
- On Sundays and Special days half an hour extension for visitors.
- Vivekananda House bus station
- Ice House Bus Station
- Lady Wellington High School Bus Station
- Dakshin (South Indian cuisine/approx. Rs. 3000 for two).
- Burgundy’s (Indian, Oriental, Italian and Continental/ Rs. 2,200 for two).
- Annalakshmi (South Indian, North Indian/ Rs. 800 for two).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
51.25% of people who visit Chennai include Vivekananda House in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
84.32% of people start their Vivekananda House visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Vivekananda House
92.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vivekananda House
One of the best places to visit and the addition of movies of swami Vivekananda is more motivating. The alterations done are superb as previously there was no movies played abt Swami Vivekananda. A nice place to visit if you are a seeker. The meditation hall is good. A must visit if you are from outside of Tamilnadu. The entry cost is around 20rs now and it's very much worth.
Its just another dull place. Paying Rs.20 just to see few old pics and a 3D movie. Though the works of swamiji are great, the place is not so interesting as i expected. Need more activity or infotainment to make the place more interesting.
Beautiful place... Gives details of Swamiji's life. The 3d movie is awesome. The meditation room is extremely peaceful.
A very well maintained tidy place. Not boring as typical museums. Contains a moderate photo gallery about vivekananda's life. Also it gives an idea about Hinduism and how it was spread by swami vivekanand across the globe. A place worth visiting.
Very nice affordable place to spend with family. Neatly maintained place of remembrance of Swamy Vivekananda with leisure features. Must visit place.