Vivekananda House2847 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Kamaraj Salai (Marina beach road), Neelam Basha Dargapuram, Near Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:15 pm Details
- Phone: +044-28446188
- Ticket Price: 20 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture
A Chennai attraction dedicated to the Indian Hindu monk, Swami Vivekananda, the Vivekananda House, holds high significance given its crucial role in the Ramakrishna Movement in South India. It is one of the most important attractions in Chennai, given the fact the Swami Vivekananda stayed here for 9 days during the movement, in the year 1897. Today what you get to see here is an interesting collection of Swamiji’s Life. This is a permanent collection along with some pieces hinting at the Indian culture too.
Vivekananda House Travel Tips
- Provision for the elevator for the disabled and elderly free of charge.
- No food service but restrooms are available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Vivekananda House
- Given price is for adults.
- Children from 3-12 years: INR 10
- Group ticket for school students: INR 5
Vivekananda House Hours
- On Sundays and Special days half an hour extension for visitors.
How to Reach Vivekananda House
- Vivekananda House bus station
- Ice House Bus Station
- Lady Wellington High School Bus Station
- Dakshin (South Indian cuisine/approx. Rs. 3000 for two).
- Burgundy’s (Indian, Oriental, Italian and Continental/ Rs. 2,200 for two).
- Annalakshmi (South Indian, North Indian/ Rs. 800 for two).
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
47.66% of people who visit Chennai include Vivekananda House in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
84.32% of people start their Vivekananda House visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Vivekananda House
92.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vivekananda House