Vivekananda HouseCurrently Open [Closes at 12:30 pm]
- Address: Kamaraj Salai (Marina beach road), Neelam Basha Dargapuram, Near Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:15 pm Details
- Phone: +044-28446188
- Ticket Price: 20 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids
Vivekananda House - Review
A Chennai attraction dedicated to the Indian Hindu monk, Swami Vivekananda, the Vivekananda House, holds high significance given its crucial role in the Ramakrishna Movement in South India. It is one of the most important attractions in Chennai, given the fact the Swami Vivekananda stayed here for 9 days during the movement, in the year 1897. Today what you get to see here is an interesting collection of Swamiji’s Life. This is a permanent collection along with some pieces hinting at the Indian culture too.
Vivekananda House Information
- Provision for the elevator for the disabled and elderly free of charge.
- No food service but restrooms are available.
Vivekananda House Ticket Prices
- Given price is for adults.
- Children from 3-12 years: INR 10
- Group ticket for school students: INR 5
Vivekananda House Opening and Closing Hours
- On Sundays and Special days half an hour extension for visitors.
How To reach Vivekananda House by Public Transport
- Vivekananda House bus station
- Ice House Bus Station
- Lady Wellington High School Bus Station
Restaurants Near Vivekananda House
- Dakshin (South Indian cuisine/approx. Rs. 3000 for two).
- Burgundy’s (Indian, Oriental, Italian and Continental/ Rs. 2,200 for two).
- Annalakshmi (South Indian, North Indian/ Rs. 800 for two).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Vivekananda House
95% of people who visit Chennai include Vivekananda House in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
55.3% of people start their Vivekananda House visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Vivekananda House
91.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vivekananda House
Vivekananda House Map
Vivekananda House Trips
Vivekananda House, Chennai Reviews
Worth visiting once. Need to have more activity. The place where Vivekananda stayed for 4-5 days during his visit to Chennai. It has gallery on the life of Vivekananda. The interesting place is ice Ghar where imported ice blocks were once stored. Never knew that ice was imported before it was possible to make it in India.
calm place for elderly people to visit and spend time.young people might find it boring.House is clear a depiction of Vivekananda's journey of life and his ideologies through photos and videos. Ticket costs are Rs.20 per Adult.Ground floor has paintings describing sages ideologies and few paintings of historical importance like Ramayana , Mahabharata. 1st floor has paintings of people who made difference with thier ideology like few freedom fighters. This is followed by 4 min video describing Ramakrishna ideology and his favourite student Vivekananda's.2nd floor has Vivekananda's black n white pics which portrays his journey through various countries imparting his ideologies.3rd floor has meditation hall followed by 3D video of Vivekananda's famous speech at Chicago Toilet rooms are very neat. Good place to visit for time pass , nothing great....
A very organized place holding the memory of Swami Vivekananda. There are some small tokens which show the different stages of life of Vivekananda. There is 3D projection of Swami Vivekananda lecture is displaying always. There is always a show continues on different show times. The is house is a multi floored building. On the entrance you have to purchase a ticket.
One of the best place to Visit Vivekananda House located near Marina beach.In that house, total Vivekananda biography are presented by photos with details.Also Vivekananda 3D movie is available for visitors. Photos and Videos are available to understand the Vivekananda biography. One of the best place to motivate yourself in your Life. Visit once when you are in near Marina beach Cheenai.
Must visit place in Chennai. Historical facts & especially the old images (century old!) have to be seen carefully. Enjoy the AV programs as well. A couple of hours needed to see the place well.
All QuestionsVivekananda house
- Murrayville United Methodist Church
- Double L Quarter Horses
- Murrayville Baptist Church
- Murrayville United Methodist Parsonage
- Sandy Creek Baptist Assoc
- Murrayville House Of Prayer
- Little Egypt Woodmen Camp
- Faith Church Of God
- St Paul's Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church
- West Frankfort Bowl
- Depot Veterans Memorial & Coal Miner's Memorial
- Third Baptist Church
- Harmony Freewill Baptist Church
- Strawberry Meadows