The hitch and heritage association in Cotentin offers tours aboard horse carriages. While enjoying a horse ride through the exceptional architectural heritage, you can discover the oyster activities practiced in the bay of St. Vaast la Hougue at the famous coastline of Saire Valley. Teams of two draft horses (Percherons and cobs) will lead to discover the oyster beds, the team leaders will guide you through the work of the oyster farmers, explaining the process from oyster births to its selling in the market. The ride takes you to discover the enchanting architectural richness that has recently been classified as World heritage by UNESCO. The two Vauban towers are in exceptional state of conservation and are an example of a relic that reflects the art of war and contribute heavily in the regions tourism value. Highlights and must sees include:
- A memorable ride on horse carriages
- Witness the architectural richness of a World heritage classified site
- Oyster farming and commercialization
- The Vauban towers.
Entrance Ticket Details For Attelage Et Patrimoine En Cotentin
- EUR 8: Children from 6 to 12 years of age
- EUR 12: Adults, per head – in groups of minimum 15 people
- EUR 6: Children, per head – in groups of minimum 15 children
- EUR 6: Children (under 12 years of age), per head - in School groups
- EUR 8: Children (from 13 to 18 years of age), per head - in School groups
- EUR 5: For tasting oysters
- Free For kids under 6 years of age.
Attelage Et Patrimoine En Cotentin Hours
- Departures are on the small cove of Saint Vaast La Hougue.
- For Groups – all year by appointment.
- For Individuals – Wednesdays and Sundays at 3:00pm (April to September, by appointment)
How to Reach Attelage Et Patrimoine En Cotentin
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Ask a local for the bus details.
- Earl Le Sey
- La Chaumiere
- Auberge de KetHou
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cherbourg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cherbourg and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.25% of people who visit Cherbourg include Attelage Et Patrimoine En Cotentin in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
69.23% of people start their Attelage Et Patrimoine En Cotentin visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Attelage Et Patrimoine En Cotentin
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Attelage Et Patrimoine En Cotentin
People normally also visit Musee De La Batterie De Crisbecq while planning their trip to Attelage Et Patrimoine En Cotentin.