Batterie D'azevilleCurrently Closed
- Address: The Road, 50310 Azeville, France, Cherbourg
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-0233406305
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Architecture
Batterie D'azeville - Review
One of the first buildings of the Atlantic wall in France, The Battery of Azeville is equipped with four powerful casemates equipped with 105mm Schneider guns. Spread over the Manchegan inland, The Battery is known for the battle on the night of June 5, 1944, when it came into action against the American landing at Utah beach. Battery and its undergrounds can now be visited independently with the help of an audio-guided tour (available in English,French, German, Itlalian and Dutch). Detailed explanations of the built of the bunkers, everyday lives of the 170 soldiers of the battery and the course of the battle are provided on the tour. Several camouflage paintings have been reconstructed at the site, using the photographs taken just after the war as references. The site serves as a popular picnic spot in the region.Highlights and must sees include:
- The battery equipped with 4 powerful casemates equipped with the 105mm Schneider guns.
- Audio-guided tour explaining the history of the battery and the course of the battle.
- Reconstructed camouflage paintings
- Outdoor movie projection about the history of wartime, every evening.
- A popular picnic spot, accompanied by picnic music
Batterie D'azeville Information
- The ticket office closes 1 hour before the closing time of the site.
Batterie D'azeville Ticket Prices
- EUR 2: Children
- EUR 3.60: Adult groups, per head
- EUR 4: Students
How To reach Batterie D'azeville by Public Transport
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Ask a local for the bus details.
Restaurants Near Batterie D'azeville
- L’EscaleRaveno, L’Eucalyptus
- Hotel du midi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cherbourg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cherbourg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Batterie D'azeville
95% of people who visit Cherbourg include Batterie D'azeville in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
40.46% of people start their Batterie D'azeville visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Batterie D'azeville
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Batterie D'azeville
Batterie D'azeville Map
Batterie D'azeville Trips
Batterie D'azeville, Cherbourg Reviews
Has a good car park and a picnic area. You can wander around some of the casements even when the battery is closed (It was when we were there on a saturday in April just after lunch. ). The more interesting stuff is fenced off when the place is closed.
This site was excellent. I was delighted we were given information about this hidden gem. We spent 4 hrs at this site and history. Staff excellent and friendly.
Excellent place too visit with a comprehensive audio guide. Really highlights what this battery was like during the war. Highly recommended.
Have visited most of the batteries in Normandy...for me this one is the best because of the detailed information you receive about how life was for the lads who lived here during the war and what they went through during the invasion
German battery that fought during the Battle of Normandy. You can visit inside the bunkers and the corridors that conect them.
All QuestionsBatterie d'azeville
- Musee De La Batterie De Crisbecq
- Musee De L'eau-de-vie Et Des Vieux Metiers
- Musee Regional Du Cidre
- Attelage Et Patrimoine En Cotentin
- Labyrinthe La Cle Des Champs
- Espace Loisirs De Collignon
- La Batterie Du Roule
- Semaphore De Fermanville
- Moulin A Eau De Marie Ravenel
- Parcanimalier Saint-martin
- Musee A La Recherche Du Temps Perdu
- St John Lutheran Church
- Christian Dental Society
- St Paul's Lutheran Church
- Tripoli Swimming Pool
- North Woods County Park
- Immaculate Conception Church
- Sunset Community Theatre
- St Peter's Lutheran Church
- Liquid Glass Power Boats
- Faith Evangelical Parsonage
- First Baptist Church
- Faith Evangelical Church
- Meadowbrook Country Club
- Water Tower Park
- Saint Johns Lutheran Church
Find places near Batterie D'azeville, Cherbourg
Bar de la Fontaine 18 rue de la Fontaine2.748 km away
Marie Noël 3 place Ancien Hôtel de Ville1.783 km away
Bignon Daniel 2 route du Cinq Juin 19441.77 km away
La Bourgetterie 1 la Bourgetterie2.697 km away
Leblond Annick 2 chât Fontenay1.061 km away