Batterie D'azeville182 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Batterie d'Azeville, Lieu-dit la Rue, 50310 Azeville, France, Cherbourg
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-0233406305
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
One of the first buildings of the Atlantic wall in France, The Battery of Azeville is equipped with four powerful casemates equipped with 105mm Schneider guns. Spread over the Manchegan inland, The Battery is known for the battle on the night of June 5, 1944, when it came into action against the American landing at Utah beach. Battery and its undergrounds can now be visited independently with the help of an audio-guided tour (available in English,French, German, Itlalian and Dutch). Detailed explanations of the built of the bunkers, everyday lives of the 170 soldiers of the battery and the course of the battle are provided on the tour. Several camouflage paintings have been reconstructed at the site, using the photographs taken just after the war as references. The site serves as a popular picnic spot in the region.Highlights and must sees include:
- The battery equipped with 4 powerful casemates equipped with the 105mm Schneider guns.
- Audio-guided tour explaining the history of the battery and the course of the battle.
- Reconstructed camouflage paintings
- Outdoor movie projection about the history of wartime, every evening.
- A popular picnic spot, accompanied by picnic music
Batterie D'azeville Travel Tips
- The ticket office closes 1 hour before the closing time of the site.
Entrance Ticket Details For Batterie D'azeville
- EUR 2: Children
- EUR 3.60: Adult groups, per head
- EUR 4: Students
How to Reach Batterie D'azeville
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Ask a local for the bus details.
- L’EscaleRaveno, L’Eucalyptus
- Hotel du midi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cherbourg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cherbourg and book an accommodation of your choice.
52.91% of people who visit Cherbourg include Batterie D'azeville in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
38.89% of people start their Batterie D'azeville visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Batterie D'azeville
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Batterie D'azeville