How to Reach Cherbourg - The Easiest Way to Reach Cherbourg
- By Air: The closest airport to Cherbourg is Alderney, about 57 kilometres away. The city can be reached through a ferry from Alderney. Deauville airport is another airport about 180 kms from Cherbourg (1hr 52 min drive).
- By Train: The city is connected through trains from Paris St Lazare. There are some trains that go towards Brittany and other regions in the Southwest of France.
- By Boat: Cross-Channel services from Poole are offered by Brittany Ferries and takes about five hours to reach Cherbourg. Ferries are also available from Alderney and Portsmouth.
- By Car: The city can be reached through Paris within 4 hours via A13 and N13 and 7 hours from Bordeaux via A10. There are parking lots available outside the old town.
- By Bus: Adequate network of buses run through the city from time to time.
- By Foot: The town is pedestrian friendly and is easily accessible on foot.
- On Bicycles: Bicycle paths are available at a 37 kilometre stretch. You can hire a bicycle and get around the old town.
Are you looking for a Cherbourg travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Cherbourg from Nearby Cities
|Les pieux to Cherbourg||24.45 km||24 mins|
|Bournemouth to Cherbourg||92.36 km||1 hour 32 mins|
|Saint peter port to Cherbourg||103.13 km||1 hour 43 mins|
|Newport to Cherbourg||124.11 km||2 hours 4 mins|
|Poole to Cherbourg||126.81 km||2 hours 6 mins|
|East cowes to Cherbourg||130.26 km||2 hours 10 mins|
|Weymouth to Cherbourg||142.97 km||2 hours 22 mins|
|Landivy to Cherbourg||143.71 km||2 hours 23 mins|
|Southampton to Cherbourg||143.81 km||2 hours 23 mins|
|Fareham to Cherbourg||144.04 km||2 hours 24 mins|
How to Reach Cities Near Cherbourg
- How to reach Surtainville
- How to reach Sainte-marie-du-mont
- How to reach Bayeux
- How to reach Mont Saint- Michel
- How to reach Caen
- How to reach Clinchamps-sur-orne