How to Reach Cherbourg, France
The Easiest Way to Reach Cherbourg
- By Air: The closest airport to Cherbourg is Alderney, about 57 kilometres away. The city can be reached through a ferry from Alderney. Deauville airport is another airport about 180 kms from Cherbourg (1hr 52 min drive).
- By Train: The city is connected through trains from Paris St Lazare. There are some trains that go towards Brittany and other regions in the Southwest of France.
- By Boat: Cross-Channel services from Poole are offered by Brittany Ferries and takes about five hours to reach Cherbourg. Ferries are also available from Alderney and Portsmouth.
- By Car: The city can be reached through Paris within 4 hours via A13 and N13 and 7 hours from Bordeaux via A10. There are parking lots available outside the old town.
- By Bus: Adequate network of buses run through the city from time to time.
- By Foot: The town is pedestrian friendly and is easily accessible on foot.
- On Bicycles: Bicycle paths are available at a 37 kilometre stretch. You can hire a bicycle and get around the old town.
Are you looking for a Cherbourg travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Cities Near Cherbourg
- How to reach Bayeux
- How to reach St-malo
- How to reach Dinan
- How to reach Rennes
- How to reach Morlaix
- How to reach Le Mans
- How to reach Vannes
- How to reach Lorient
- How to reach Angers
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Tours
- How to reach Reims
- How to reach Carcassonne
- How to reach Menton
- How to reach Amiens