Jardins En Hommage A Jacques PrevertCurrently Open
- Address: Valley of the Mills, 50440 Saint-Germain-des-Vaux, France, Cherbourg
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-233521100
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids
Jardins En Hommage A Jacques Prévert (Gardens in tribute to Jacques Prévert) was created to pay homage to the poet in 2004. The garden is a tribute to his wife and his friends who planted their trees there. In 1971 Jacques Prévert and his wife bought the house at Omonville near the cemetery where they rest and their only daughter died accidently. Jacques Prévert used to love this place, and throughout the gardens you’ll find his poems to read, along with the ruins of eighteenth century and some modern sculptures. The site offers a peaceful environment with trees and flowers planted on either side of the stream. The serene breeze flowing over the waterfalls makes a walk through the shadow of gunneras truly refreshing and reviving. Highlights and must sees include:
- Trees and flowers planted by Jacques Prévert, his wife and friends.
- Poems written at various locations in the garden.
- Ruins of the 18th century and modern sculptures.
- A refreshing walk in the shadow of gunneras.
Jardins En Hommage A Jacques Prevert Travel Tips
- Educational group tours available permanently at the site.
- Pets are allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jardins En Hommage A Jacques Prevert
- EUR 4: Adult groups, per person
- EUR 2: School groups, per head
How to Reach Jardins En Hommage A Jacques Prevert
- Walk or hire a taxi
- Ask a local for the bus details
- Husnot Anthony
- Le Moulin a Vent
- Hotel Restaurant de la Hague
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cherbourg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cherbourg and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.86% of people who visit Cherbourg include Jardins En Hommage A Jacques Prevert in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
68.75% of people start their Jardins En Hommage A Jacques Prevert visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jardins En Hommage A Jacques Prevert
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jardins En Hommage A Jacques Prevert