Moulin A Eau De Marie RavenelCurrently Closed
- Address: The Coudrairie, 50330 Réthoville, Cherbourg, France
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-0233545618
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Exhibition
The watermill Marie Ravanel, constructed in 18th century, is located in the municipality of Rethoville. The mill is named after Marie Ravanale the poet, who lived at the site for 31 years. In 1999 the mill was bought by the community of municipalities of the canton of St. Peter Church and put into operation. It has an exceptional reach capacity of 5,00,000 litres of water and has two pairs of millstones. The wheel was redone in African wood called iroko and is 3.20m in diameter. In the year 2010, two new buildings were constructed at the site; a teaching room to accommodate schools and a traditional bread oven. Here you can see the baker’s at work and even learn to make bread. The Norman interior exhibition held here will immerse you in a typical habitat of its own. Highlights and must sees include:
- The iroko made 3.20m diameter wheel
- Traditional bread oven, bakers at work
- Buy local specialities (Teurgoule, Bourbelot)
- Norman interior exhibition
- Relive a 50’s classroom at the teaching room
Moulin A Eau De Marie Ravenel Travel Tips
- Educational workshops for children and other activities can be organized on request.
Entrance Ticket Details For Moulin A Eau De Marie Ravenel
- EUR 1.50: Reduced price for kids from 7 to 18 years – guided tour
- EUR 2.00: Adult group, per person – minimum 15 people
- Free: For children under 7 years of age
How to Reach Moulin A Eau De Marie Ravenel
- Walk or hire a taxi.
- Ask a local for the bus details.
- Earl Laborde-lemoigne
- Le P’titBistrot
- Compass group france
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cherbourg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cherbourg and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.04% of people who visit Cherbourg include Moulin A Eau De Marie Ravenel in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
50% of people start their Moulin A Eau De Marie Ravenel visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Moulin A Eau De Marie Ravenel
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Moulin A Eau De Marie Ravenel