Phare De GattevilleCurrently Closed
- Address: 25c the Lighthouse Route, 50760 Gatteville-le-Phare, France, Cherbourg
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-0233231797
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Light House
Phare De Gatteville - Review
Phare De Gatteville (The Gateville lighthouse) is the second largest lighthouse in France, standing 75m high. This iconic lighthouse has as many steps as days in a year, as many windows as weeks and as many levels as months in a year. 11,000 granite blocks weighing 7,400 tons were used in the construction of this lighthouse. You have to climb 365 steps to reach the top of this incredible lighthouse and get a stunning view of the Saire valley and the sea of the Channel. It has had the privilege to be the first port between England and northern Europe, served as convenience and a practical stopover for Ships and boats out for short sails. It is said that at night on clear weather days, one can see the brilliance of the adjacent tower at the Isle of Wight, located on the other side of channel. Highlights and must sees include:
- The second largest lighthouse in France, standing 75m tall.
- Climb 365 steps to reach the top and catch a magnificent view of the Saire valley and the Channel.
- A beautiful ancient port.
- Spectacular surroundings, century old houses with flowery terraces.
Phare De Gatteville Information
- In case of strong wind or storm, the lighthouse can be closed to visitors, for security reasons.
- People visiting in Groups and School groups are required to make reservations prior visit.
Phare De Gatteville Ticket Prices
- EUR 1: Children from 5 to 12 years
Phare De Gatteville Hours
- Open during school holidays of Christmas.
How To reach Phare De Gatteville by Public Transport
- Walk or hire a taxi
- Ask a local for the bus details
Restaurants Near Phare De Gatteville
- Brasserie La Maree
- Cafe de France
- Chez Buck
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cherbourg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cherbourg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Phare De Gatteville
27.43% of people who visit Cherbourg include Phare De Gatteville in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
48.28% of people start their Phare De Gatteville visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Phare De Gatteville
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Phare De Gatteville