Phare De Gatteville, Cherbourg
About Phare De Gatteville, Cherbourg
Phare De Gatteville, Cherbourg - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 25c the Lighthouse Route, 50760 Gatteville-le-Phare, France
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 776 times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Phare De Gatteville (The Gateville lighthouse) is the second largest lighthouse in France, standing 75m high. This iconic lighthouse has as many steps as days in a year, as many windows as weeks and as many levels as months in a year. 11,000 granite blocks weighing 7,400 tons were used in the construction of this lighthouse. You have to climb 365 steps to reach the top of this incredible lighthouse and get a stunning view of the Saire valley and the sea of the Channel. It has had the privilege to be the first port between England and northern Europe, served as convenience and a practical stopover for Ships and boats out for short sails. It is said that at night on clear weather days, one can see the brilliance of the adjacent tower at the Isle of Wight, located on the other side of channel. Highlights and must sees include:
- The second largest lighthouse in France, standing 75m tall.
- Climb 365 steps to reach the top and catch a magnificent view of the Saire valley and the Channel.
- A beautiful ancient port.
- Spectacular surroundings, century old houses with flowery terraces.
Phare De Gatteville Information
- In case of strong wind or storm, the lighthouse can be closed to visitors, for security reasons.
- People visiting in Groups and School groups are required to make reservations prior visit.
Phare De Gatteville Ticket Prices
- EUR 1: Children from 5 to 12 years
Phare De Gatteville Opening and Closing Hours
- Open during school holidays of Christmas.
How To reach Phare De Gatteville by Public Transport
- Walk or hire a taxi
- Ask a local for the bus details
Restaurants Near Phare De Gatteville
- Brasserie La Maree
- Cafe de France
- Chez Buck
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cherbourg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cherbourg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Phare De Gatteville, Cherbourg Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Le Redoutable
- Sarah Aires Photography
- Presbytere Nd Du Voeu
- Objectif Multimedia - Sites Internet Cherbourg
- Ferry Terminal
- Mm - Mathilde Mochon
- Eglise Notre Dame Du Voeu
- Cinema Cgr Cherbourg
- Cherbourg Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Cherbourg
- What to See in 48 Hours in Cherbourg
- What to See in 72 Hours in Cherbourg
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cherbourg
- How to Spend 6 Days in Cherbourg
- How to Spend 7 Days in Cherbourg