Phare De Gatteville, Cherbourg
Phare De Gatteville - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: 25c the Lighthouse Route, 50760 Gatteville-le-Phare, France, Cherbourg
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 784 times in trip plans
Design customizable day plans using this trip itinerary creating app
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Phare De Gatteville, Cherbourg
Phare De Gatteville (The Gateville lighthouse) is the second largest lighthouse in France, standing 75m high. This iconic lighthouse has as many steps as days in a year, as many windows as weeks and as many levels as months in a year. 11,000 granite blocks weighing 7,400 tons were used in the construction of this lighthouse. You have to climb 365 steps to reach the top of this incredible lighthouse and get a stunning view of the Saire valley and the sea of the Channel. It has had the privilege to be the first port between England and northern Europe, served as convenience and a practical stopover for Ships and boats out for short sails. It is said that at night on clear weather days, one can see the brilliance of the adjacent tower at the Isle of Wight, located on the other side of channel. Highlights and must sees include:
- The second largest lighthouse in France, standing 75m tall.
- Climb 365 steps to reach the top and catch a magnificent view of the Saire valley and the Channel.
- A beautiful ancient port.
- Spectacular surroundings, century old houses with flowery terraces.
Phare De Gatteville Information
- In case of strong wind or storm, the lighthouse can be closed to visitors, for security reasons.
- People visiting in Groups and School groups are required to make reservations prior visit.
Phare De Gatteville Ticket Prices
- EUR 1: Children from 5 to 12 years
Phare De Gatteville Opening and Closing Hours
- Open during school holidays of Christmas.
How To reach Phare De Gatteville by Public Transport
- Walk or hire a taxi
- Ask a local for the bus details
Restaurants Near Phare De Gatteville
- Brasserie La Maree
- Cafe de France
- Chez Buck
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cherbourg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cherbourg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Phare De Gatteville, Cherbourg Reviews
Find places near Phare De Gatteville, Cherbourg
Crédit Agricole rue Saint Thomas BP 32.996 km away
Le Goéland 37 quai Henri Chardon2.868 km away
CHARDON Olivier 12 quai Henri Chardon2.718 km away
Le Rossignol Jean Pierre 4 place Notre Dame1.64 km away
Boulangerie Banette 48-50 rue Saint Thomas2.979 km away
Café de France 12 quai Henri Chardon2.727 km away
Comptoir de la Presqu'ïle 7 rue Saint Nicolas2.74 km away
La Marée 25 quai Henri Chardon2.718 km away
Le Comptoir de la Presqu'ile 25 quai Henri Chardon2.816 km away
Burnel Nicolas 4 place Vieux Clocher1.681 km away
Burnel Nicolas 10 rue de Nehou2.985 km away
Les Transats 11 quai Henri Chardon2.729 km away
- Attractions near Phare De Gatteville
- Musee De La Batterie De Crisbecq
- Moulin A Eau De Marie Ravenel
- Attelage Et Patrimoine En Cotentin
- Labyrinthe La Cle Des Champs
- Manufacture Des Parapluies De Cherbourg
- Theatre A L'italienne
- Abbaye Du Voeu
- Eglise Saint-martin
- Le Redoutable
- Parc De La Saline
- Musee Connaissance Du Cotentin
- Train Touristique De Cherbourg