Don Bosco ShrineCurrently Open
- Address: Cherra Bazar, Cherrapunjee 793 111, India, Cherrapunji Map
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
Located in Cherrapunji, the Don Bosco Church is dedicated to the saint Don Bosco. This shrine is a famous attraction as it houses the relic of the Don Bosco saint. The work of constructing the shrine began two years after the canonization of Don Bosco. There were various reasons for which the work of this shrine was stopped. Difficulties of transportation, climate and finally World War II made the progress very slow. The building of the Shrine, which is 150 m. in length and 50 m. in breadth, was completed only in 1952. Since 1952 numerous pilgrims have visited the Shrine of Don Bosco every year.
Don Bosco Shrine Travel Tips
- Please enquire before your visit.
Don Bosco Shrine Hours
- Best time to visit this shrine would be from 9am-4pm.
How to Reach Don Bosco Shrine
- Hire a taxi from Cherrapunjee city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cherrapunji before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cherrapunji and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Don Bosco Shrine Address: Cherra Bazar, Cherrapunjee 793 111, India, Cherrapunji
- Time required to visit Don Bosco Shrine: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
20.86% of people who visit Cherrapunji include Don Bosco Shrine in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
52.38% of people start their Don Bosco Shrine visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Don Bosco Shrine
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Don Bosco Shrine
People normally club together Nohkalikai Falls and Eco Park while planning their visit to Don Bosco Shrine.