First Presbyterian Church
- Address: Nongsawlia, Cherrapunji, India
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
First Presbyterian Church - Review
Apart from the splendours of natural beauty, Cherrapunji houses some of the monuments that add to its tourist value. The First Presbyterian Church here was established by a Welsh missionary in lower Cherrapunjee at Nongsawlia in 19th century. This is supposed to be the first Christian church in the north east India. Khasis the natives of Sohra got so much influenced by Welsh culture that they started dressing up like them and even the hymns sung in the churches have Welsh tune. The church looks grand due to its magnificent structure with a beautiful bell tower. Visit this monumental glory to understand the religious history of this place.
First Presbyterian Church Information
- Please enquire before your visit.
First Presbyterian Church Opening and Closing Hours
- Ask locals about church mass timings.
How To reach First Presbyterian Church by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cherrapunji before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cherrapunji and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting First Presbyterian Church
95% of people who visit Cherrapunji include First Presbyterian Church in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
31.61% of people start their First Presbyterian Church visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see First Presbyterian Church
93.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting First Presbyterian Church
First Presbyterian Church Map
First Presbyterian Church Trips
First Presbyterian Church, Cherrapunji Reviews
All QuestionsFirst presbyterian church
- Holland Patent Village Green
- Hickory Hollow Airport-Ny85
- Holland Patent Free Library
- Wethersfield Stone Schoolhouse
- St Leo's Rectory
- Presbyterian Church Of Hp
- First Presbyterian Church
- Off The Beaten Path Media
- John B. Hudson Trail
- Fisherville Brook Wildlife Refuge
- Jehovah's Witnesses Exeter Congregation
- Simon Lillibridge Farm
- Exeter Chapel
- Exeter Country Club
- Beacon Free Will Baptist Church