Events and Festivals in Cherrapunji
- Nongkrem Dance: This dance festival is held annually in November for five straight days. It is thanksgiving festival celebrated in Cherrapunji for good harvest and to pray for peace and prosperity in the community. This festival includes 'pomblang' or decapitation of the goats, offered by the subjects to the Syiem of Khyrim who is the tribal administrative head of the area. Offerings are made to him and to the ancestors of the ruling clan.
- The Shad Suk Mynsiem (Dance of Happy Hearts): It is a dance festival of the Khasis and has been being held at Lympung Weiking since 1911. Shad Suk Mynsiem is a thanksgiving dance of the Khasis to God to seek blessings for the year that had gone by and for the year to come.
Trip plans for Cherrapunji
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Cherrapunji
422 Views2 Days 1 NightPlan 2 days trip to explore best places of CherrapunjiBy: James Bailey
Cherrapunji Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Cherrapunji
Save 20%ChaloHoppo to an Emerald Meghalaya
Duration: 6 Days
After you have walked over the living root bridges and heard them breath, camp beside a river where the only source of light ...
- Events & Festivals in Riwai Village
- Events & Festivals in Mawlynnong
- Events & Festivals in Dawki
- Events & Festivals in Laitumkhrah
- Events & Festivals in Shillong
- Events & Festivals in Nongpoh