How to Reach Cherrapunji
- By Air: The nearest airport to Cherrapunji is the Guwahati Airport. It is located 181 km from the city. To get to Cherrapunji town, you can hire taxis from Paltan Bazaar bus stand in Guwahati or get a pre-paid taxi from the airport itself. Technically, the Umroi Airport (91 km) near Shillong is the nearest airport to Cherrapunji. However, this airport receives flights from Kolkata only and that too, with very low frequency.
- By Railways: Guwahati is the nearest railhead to Cherrapunji. From there, you can hire bus services or taxis that are available from the railway station.
- By Road: Buses for Cherrapunji leave from the Sohra Bus Stand in the Bara Bazaar area of Shillong.
- On Foot: Most of the attractions of Cherrapunji can be explored on foot. Don’t forget to wear comfortable shoes as the roads can be really slippery.
- By Taxi: Hiring a taxi to travel around can be the most comfortable option as it gives you saves you from rains as well.
- Shared taxis: If you looking for budget travel in Cherrapunji, opt for a shared taxi, available from most of the points.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Cherrapunji. The most preferred mode of transport in Cherrapunji is Walking.
Average distance: 14 km Average time: 52.5 min
Walking 50%Walking 30 min Overall average time for 4 kms 30 min
Car 50%Driving 75 min Overall average time for 24 kms 75 min
|Guwahati to Cherrapunji||3 km||3 mins|
|Shillong to Cherrapunji||17.57 km||17 mins|
|Dhaka to Cherrapunji||147.1 km||2 hours 27 mins|
|Dimapur to Cherrapunji||222.2 km||3 hours 42 mins|
|Kohima to Cherrapunji||265.53 km||4 hours 25 mins|
|Siliguri to Cherrapunji||367.15 km||6 hours 7 mins|
|Kolkata to Cherrapunji||374.08 km||6 hours 14 mins|
|Petaling jaya to Cherrapunji||1118.33 km||18 hours 38 mins|
|Chennai to Cherrapunji||1269.46 km||21 hours 9 mins|
|Singapore to Cherrapunji||1362.21 km||22 hours 42 mins|