Are you looking for what to do in Cherrapunji?
PLACES TO SEE
- Nohsngithiang Waterfall: This waterfall is nestled in the misty Khasi hills of Meghalaya at a lofty height of 1033 feet and is renowned to be the 4th largest fall of India. Nohsngithiang fall is also known as the seven sisters’ waterfall as it is seven segmented.
- Kynrem Falls: Considered to be the most picturesque, the Kynrem falls are located in the East Khasi Hills District, 12 km from Sohra, cascading down in three stages.
- Khoh Ramhah: Also known as Motrop, this is a massive single rock formation in the shape of a giant pillar which renders an impressive sight.
- Nohkalikai Falls: It is the tallest waterfall in India situated at the majestic height of 1100 feet. This fall is fed by the rainwater which cascades down to a gorge forming a splendid turquoise green pool.
- Mawsmai Cave: These limestone caves have the distinction of being the only caves in Meghalaya that are lit enough to enable tourists to enjoy the natural formations in awe.
- Thangkharang Park: Situated at a distance of 12 km from Cherrapunji, this natural park is a must see spot. It is located just besides the Khoh Ramhah rock and offers a 180 degree view of the Bangladesh plains below.
THINGS TO DO
- Living Root Bridge: Behold the unique feature of Meghalaya, the bridges that are made up of tangles of massive thick roots. Khasi people have been trained to grow these bridges across the raised banks of streams to form a solid bridge, made from roots.
- Trekking: Multiple treks exist in and around Cherrapunji. One of the most popular one is to the "Double Decker Living Root" bridge in Nongriat village starting from Tyrna. Trek around to enjoy that wonderful communion with nature.
Below we have a list of things to do in Cherrapunji and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Cherrapunji getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Cherrapunji with confidence.