St Michael's ChurchCurrently Closed
- Address: Chester, Cheshire West and Chester, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1244402110
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids
St Michael's Church - Review
St Michael's Church is a redundant church on the corner of the bridge street and the pepper street in the city of Chester. Being a national heritage building the place sees a lot of tourists all the year around. The church was burned down in the great fire in Chester in 1188 and then was rebuilt in 1496 and hence has a lot of history attached to it. The interiors are built in sandstone with a grey slate roof and are one of the most beautiful places in the city.
How To reach St Michael's Church by Public Transport
- Buses from Lower Bridge Street (Stand Y) can be taken to the destination.
- Trains can be taken from NCP Arriva Trains Chester Station East Car Park to the destination.
- Taxis and rentals are available and go to the destination.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chester before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chester and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting St Michael's Church
23.71% of people who visit Chester include St Michael's Church in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
80.65% of people start their St Michael's Church visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St Michael's Church
71.43% of people prefer walking in order to reach St Michael's Church
St Michael's Church Trips
St Michael's Church, Chester Reviews
Helpful staff when doing genealogy research. Good family history research facility with a good amount of local records too.
Enjoyable experience, friendly staff :)