St Michael's ChurchCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: Chester, Cheshire West and Chester, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1244402110
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids
St Michael's Church is a redundant church on the corner of the bridge street and the pepper street in the city of Chester. Being a national heritage building the place sees a lot of tourists all the year around. The church was burned down in the great fire in Chester in 1188 and then was rebuilt in 1496 and hence has a lot of history attached to it. The interiors are built in sandstone with a grey slate roof and are one of the most beautiful places in the city.
- Buses from Lower Bridge Street (Stand Y) can be taken to the destination.
- Trains can be taken from NCP Arriva Trains Chester Station East Car Park to the destination.
- Taxis and rentals are available and go to the destination.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chester before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chester and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.55% of people who visit Chester include St Michael's Church in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
80.65% of people start their St Michael's Church visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St Michael's Church
71.43% of people prefer walking in order to reach St Michael's Church
Enjoyable experience, friendly staff :)
Helpful staff when doing genealogy research. Good family history research facility with a good amount of local records too.