Wat Chedi Luang3793 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 103 Road King Prajadhipok Phra Singh, Muang District, Chiang Mai, 50200, Thailand
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +66-53276140
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Architecture , Archaeological Site , Unesco Site
Sponsored by the UNESCO for restoration, the Wat Chedi Luang is one place where you have to be when visiting Chiang Mai. The Ruined Lanna-style Chedi dates back to the 15th century and houses a Jade Buddha are picturesque keeps.
Wat Chedi Luang's other prominent attraction is the lak meu·ang (city pillar, believed to house the city's guardian deity) enshrined in a small building to the left of the compound's main entrance. In the main wi·haf.hn is the standing Buddha, known as Phra Chao Attarot, flanked by two disciples, both renowned for meditation and mysticism.
Wat ChediLuang offers you a historic insight into the city of Chiang Mai. As it is a religious site, there are no tickets for Wat ChediLuang. However, if you choose to stick on to some tour, it will offer you the advantage of knowledge along with the main attraction. Wat ChediLuang tours Tickets are easily available with us. As you pick up and book tickets for Wat ChediLuangwith us, you will be left spoilt with deals and ultimate prices. Wat ChediLuang ticket prices with our tours are affordable as you book them with us.
Wat Chedi Luang Travel Tips
- The temple is open on all days except public holidays.
- It is a religious place, so try to keep intact the sanctity of the place and make way for the local devotees.
How to Reach Wat Chedi Luang
- You can take a tuk-tuk or a minibus taxi from the main city.
- Kaldi coffee Chiang Mai
- Mitmai restaurant
- Thais that blind.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chiang Mai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiang Mai and book an accommodation of your choice.
79.68% of people who visit Chiang Mai include Wat Chedi Luang in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
32.96% of people start their Wat Chedi Luang visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Wat Chedi Luang
90.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat Chedi Luang