Wat Chedi Luang, Chiang Mai
About Wat Chedi Luang, Chiang Mai
Wat Chedi Luang, Chiang Mai - Address, Phone Number
Address: 103 Road King Prajadhipok Phra Singh, Muang District, Chiang Mai, 50200, Thailand
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 30.4K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Architecture , Archaeological Site , Unesco Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Sponsored by the UNESCO for restoration, the Wat Chedi Luang is one place where you have to be when visiting Chiang Mai. The Ruined Lanna-style Chedi dates back to the 15th century and houses a Jade Buddha are picturesque keeps.
Wat Chedi Luang's other prominent attraction is the lak meu·ang (city pillar, believed to house the city's guardian deity) enshrined in a small building to the left of the compound's main entrance. In the main wi·haf.hn is the standing Buddha, known as Phra Chao Attarot, flanked by two disciples, both renowned for meditation and mysticism.
Wat ChediLuang offers you a historic insight into the city of Chiang Mai. As it is a religious site, there are no tickets for Wat ChediLuang. However, if you choose to stick on to some tour, it will offer you the advantage of knowledge along with the main attraction. Wat ChediLuang tours Tickets are easily available with us. As you pick up and book tickets for Wat ChediLuangwith us, you will be left spoilt with deals and ultimate prices. Wat ChediLuang ticket prices with our tours are affordable as you book them with us.
Wat Chedi Luang Information
- The temple is open on all days except public holidays.
- It is a religious place, so try to keep intact the sanctity of the place and make way for the local devotees.
How To reach Wat Chedi Luang by Public Transport
- You can take a tuk-tuk or a minibus taxi from the main city.
Restaurants Near Wat Chedi Luang
- Kaldi coffee Chiang Mai
- Mitmai restaurant
- Thais that blind.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chiang Mai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiang Mai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Wat Chedi Luang, Chiang Mai Reviews - Write a Review
- 80bath Entrance - Well it's a "OK" temple (it's not going to blow you away) the old ruins behind the temple is nice you can walk around a bit the small temple are interesting but don't expect to much translations or to learn some background. Worth visiting? Not sure price is low so Yea why not stop by check it out but don't make it as a "must see thing"
Amazing temple and ruin that sits adjacent to each other. The ruin looks strangely out of place but it looks beautiful. You also have the opportunity to have a chat with some monks. Entrance fee is 40 baht. Also note, as you enter there's a small little temple next to the main one where entry is restricted to men only.
Nice temple. Recommend to come here. Sadly, the ruins have been restored with little knowledge but large amounts of cement.
One of my first stops in Chiang Mai, it was interesting to see an older, more worn-out temple (compared to the other well maintained ones). Makes me wonder about the history behind it... Some say it was destructed when the Burmese invaded (at some point?), some say it was an earthquake? I have no idea
The most famous temple in Chiang Mai, My hotel was near this temple, so I saw it numbers of time. It's really a majestic temple. Chiang Mai visit could not be completed without touring this temple. There are many temples within old city area.. you can say it's a city of temple.
- Nearby Attractions
- Sak Yant Chiang Mai
- Elephant Retirement Park
- Hmong Village
- Chankam Boutique Hotel
- Dash Teak House Restaurant And Bar
- Le Meridien Chiang Mai
- The Castle Ghost House
- Chiang Mai Trekking By Piroon & Baan Nantaya Guesthouse
- Chiang Mai Cabaret
- D-well Hostel
- Chiang Mai Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Chiang Mai
- What to See in 48 Hours in Chiang Mai
- What to See in 72 Hours in Chiang Mai
- How to Spend 5 Days in Chiang Mai
- How to Spend 6 Days in Chiang Mai
- How to Spend 7 Days in Chiang Mai