Wat ChetCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 11, Chang Phueak, Chiang Mai, 50300, Thailand
- Timings: 06:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Dedicated temple-spotters are the prime candidates for Wat Jet Yot. It was built to host the eighth World Buddhist Council in 1477, a momentous occasion for the Lanna capital. To the back of the temple compound are the ruins of the old Wi-hahn, which was supposed to be a replica of the Mahabodhi Temple in Bodhgaya, India, but the proportions don't match up. Some scholars assume that the blueprint for the temple must have come from a small votive tablet depicting the Mahabodhi in distorted perspective.
- The temple roof has restricted entry only to male tourists.
- It is a religious place, so try to keep intact the sanctity of the place and make way for the local devotees.
- Do not photograph without permission.
- Tuk-Tuk or a rented bicycles or cars.
- Radchada Garden Cafe
- Chin hits
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chiang Mai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiang Mai and book an accommodation of your choice.
66.21% of people who visit Chiang Mai include Wat Chet in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
33.95% of people start their Wat Chet visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Wat Chet
94.36% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat Chet