Wat Lok Molee3667 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Manee nopparat Soi 2, Si Phum, Chiang Mai, 50200, Thailand
- Timings: 06:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 053-404039
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Sculpture
Wat Lok Moli is a Buddhist temple situated on the north side of the north moat surrounding the old part of the city, about 400 meters west of the Chang Phuak city gate. Built in the 16th century, the Mengrai royal family maintained the temple and the temple houses the asehs of many of its members.
The brickwork of the large chedi is left mostly bare, this in contrast to the, often recently, stuccoed chedis of other temples in Chiang Mai. Of note are the finely sculptured Nagas and wooden temple facade. The temple is aligned along a north-south axis most Buddhist temples are orientated towards the East, towards the rising sun.
Wat Lok Molee Travel Tips
- It is a religious place, so try to keep intact the sanctity of the place and make way for the local devotees.
- Do not photograph without permission.
How to Reach Wat Lok Molee
- Tuk-Tuk or a rented bicycles or cars.
- FRANCO-Thai place
- the amazing sandwich
- Pern’s restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chiang Mai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiang Mai and book an accommodation of your choice.
78.66% of people who visit Chiang Mai include Wat Lok Molee in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50.35% of people start their Wat Lok Molee visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Wat Lok Molee
68.09% of people prefer walking in order to reach Wat Lok Molee