Wat Phra SinghCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Woramahaviharn, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Timings: 06:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Wat Phra Singh - Review
This is undoubtedly Chiang Mai's most visited temple and owes its fame to the fact that it houses the city's most revered Buddha image, Phra Singh (Lion Buddha), and it has a fine collection of classic Lanna art and architecture.
Phra Singh is housed in Wihan Lai Kham, a small chapel to the rear of the temple grounds next to the chedi. The exterior chapel displays the Lanna characteristics of a three-tiered roofline and carved gables. The interior of the temple features sumptuous lai·krahm (gold pattern) stenciling on its interior back wall.
Wat Phra Singh's main chedi displays classic Lanna style with its octagonal base. Closer to the entrance is the main wi-hahn (sanctuary), which houses a bigger but less important Buddha known as Thong Thip. This temple has royal associations, indicated by the garuda (the royal symbol) displayed on the front of the main wi-hahn.
Wat Phra Singh Information
- It is a religious place, so try to keep intact the sanctity of the place and make way for the local devotees.
- Do not photograph without permission.
How To reach Wat Phra Singh by Public Transport
- You can take a tuk-tuk or a minibus taxi from the main city.
Restaurants Near Wat Phra Singh
- Pak do restaurant
- Log terrace restaurant
- Mon and kurts
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chiang Mai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiang Mai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Wat Phra Singh
95% of people who visit Chiang Mai include Wat Phra Singh in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
48.14% of people start their Wat Phra Singh visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Wat Phra Singh
53.99% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat Phra Singh
Wat Phra Singh Rentals
Wat Phra Singh Sightseeing Tours
Wat Phra Singh Culture & Theme Based Tours
Wat Phra Singh Map
Wat Phra Singh Trips
1 View15 Days 14 Nights15 Day Trip to Bangkok, Krabi, Chiang Mai from IlfBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Krabi
Wat Phra Singh, Chiang Mai Reviews
All QuestionsWat phra singh
- Wat Thung Yu
- Chiang Mai Historical Centre
- Zabb E Lee Thai Cooking School
- Wat Lok Molee
- Women's Massage Center By Ex-prisoners (branch 2)
- The North Gate Jazz Club
- Hill Tribe Research Center
- The Elephant Jungle Paradise Park Chiang Mai
- Md House
- Wat Ram Poeng (tapotaram)
- Doi Pui View Point
- Elephant Retirement Park
- Saint Martins Parish Church West Coker
- West Coker Recreation Ground
- St Bartholomew's
- Kustom Kulture Design
- Harrogate Climbing Centre
- Godfrey & Watt
- Shaws Trailer Park
- Starbeck Tennis Club
- Aerial Yoga
- XO Casino Slots
- Bilton Park Village Farm
- Bilton Grange United Reformed Church
- Elegant Era Vintage Boutique
- J F Noble & Son
- Life Destiny Church