Wat Suan Dok3725 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 139 Suthep Rd, Tambon Su Thep, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +66-53278304
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Also popular as Wat Buppharam, Wat Suan Dorg is a beautiful Buddhist temple dating back to the 14th century. The temple is home to various structures which are historically important including the main pagoda which preserves Buddha’s relics, a garden with ashes of Chiang Mai rulers and an open assembly hall. The temple was built by a former Chiang Mai king and has a large number of chedis along with a Sri Lankan golden chedi about 48 meters high. Set amidst lush greenery, the temple with significant structures is a must-visit when in Chiang Mai.
Wat Suan Dok Travel Tips
- Donations are appreciated.
- It is a religious place, so try to keep intact the sanctity of the place and make way for the local devotees.
- Do not photograph without permission.
How to Reach Wat Suan Dok
- Tuk-Tuk or a rented bicycle.
- I-Berry- icecreams
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chiang Mai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiang Mai and book an accommodation of your choice.
79.9% of people who visit Chiang Mai include Wat Suan Dok in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
57.32% of people start their Wat Suan Dok visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Wat Suan Dok
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat Suan Dok