Wat U Mong3436 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 135 หมู่ที่ 10 Tambon Su Thep, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +66-850333809
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Located against the Doi Suthep mountains, Wat Umong is the city’s one and only forest temple and dates back to over 700 years. This Buddhist temple features a variety of meditation tunnels and old ruins along with a huge stupa. A monastery, enclaves featuring Buddha statues and ancient drawings of temples and elephants adorn the beauty of this temple. A large pond with turtles, ducks, and fishes is another point of interest enjoyed by the visitors. A library museum, a Spiritual Theatre of paintings, and broken sculpture Buddha field are other attractions here.
Wat U Mong Travel Tips
- It is a religious place, so try to keep intact the sanctity of the place and make way for the local devotees.
- Do not photograph without permission.
How to Reach Wat U Mong
- Tuk-Tuk or a walk.
- Happy Hut coffee shop
- Most cafes Apyal
- Bang Moey Kaafae
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chiang Mai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiang Mai and book an accommodation of your choice.
73.7% of people who visit Chiang Mai include Wat U Mong in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
35.32% of people start their Wat U Mong visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Wat U Mong
93.68% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat U Mong