Wiang Kum Kam2078 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Saraphi district, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +66-053277322
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Archaeological Site
An easy trip from the main city will take you to this picturesque-straight-out-of –the-book place. The ruins as well the little village is very charming.
Considered to be the earliest settlements In Chiang Mai, this was also a historical capital of the Lanna dynasty. Flooded and lost due to the change of course of the river Mae Ping, this place was found in archeological excavation.
Over 1300 inscribed stone slabs, bricks, bells and chedi have been excavated at the site. The most important archaeological discovery has been a four-piece inscribed stone slab, now on display in the Chiang Mai National Museum. The early 11th-century inscriptions on this slab indicate that the Thai script predates King Ramkhamhaeng's famous Sukhothai inscription (introduced in 1293) by 100 or more years.
Wiang Kum Kam Travel Tips
- Riding all the way on a hired bicycle is a fun idea if you are a hike person.
- Guided tours are available.
How to Reach Wiang Kum Kam
- You can hire a tuk-tuk or red sorng-taa-ou to get here.
- Also riding all the way on a hired bicycle is a fun idea if you are a hike person.
- Horse drawn carriages know as Baggi are easily available.
- The Nam restaurant
- Miguel’s Cafe and bar
- Nong Hui
- Hot pot restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chiang Mai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiang Mai and book an accommodation of your choice.
40.09% of people who visit Chiang Mai include Wiang Kum Kam in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
33.6% of people start their Wiang Kum Kam visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Wiang Kum Kam
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wiang Kum Kam