Events and Festivals in Chiang Rai
- January: Nang Lae OTOP Festival is held every January. The event has a local products sale and exhibitions and a pineapple eating competition.
- Greater Mekong Subregion Culture Trade and Tourism celebrates the harmony of six countries - Thailand, Cambodia, China, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam. The events include cultural performances, exhibitions, motor shows and many more. Plan your trip during this month to experience both these events.
- February: Phu Chi FahDokSieo is a spring blossom festival celebrated from 13-15th of February every year.
- March: Elephant Polo Tournament is held between various countries every year and is a great thing to experience. There are also several performances and music shows during the tournament.
- July: Krue Tai Cultural Fair is a tribal fair with participation from various hill tribes around Chiang Rai area.
- September: Pomelo Festival is a celebration dedicated to Pomelo, the famous fruit of WiangGaen that has a unique savoury taste.
- October: Chiang Rai also hosts a spectacular music and arts festival during the month of October. It is annually organized by theTourism Authority of Thailand and Chiang Rai Administration Office.
Trip plans for Chiang Rai