Events and Festivals in Chiang Rai
- January: Nang Lae OTOP Festival is held every January. The event has a local products sale and exhibitions and a pineapple eating competition.
- Greater Mekong Subregion Culture Trade and Tourism celebrates the harmony of six countries - Thailand, Cambodia, China, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam. The events include cultural performances, exhibitions, motor shows and many more. Plan your trip during this month to experience both these events.
- February: Phu Chi FahDokSieo is a spring blossom festival celebrated from 13-15th of February every year.
- March: Elephant Polo Tournament is held between various countries every year and is a great thing to experience. There are also several performances and music shows during the tournament.
- July: Krue Tai Cultural Fair is a tribal fair with participation from various hill tribes around Chiang Rai area.
- September: Pomelo Festival is a celebration dedicated to Pomelo, the famous fruit of WiangGaen that has a unique savoury taste.
- October: Chiang Rai also hosts a spectacular music and arts festival during the month of October. It is annually organized by theTourism Authority of Thailand and Chiang Rai Administration Office.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Chiang Rai
46 Day Trip to Chiang mai, Bangkok, Krabi, Mueang chiang rai, Kanchanaburi, Tak, Nan from BangkokBy: Guest UserCity: Mueang Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Nan, Krabi, Tak, Kanchanaburi, Bangkok
23 Day Trip to Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam from LawrencevilleBy: Guest UserCity: Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Rai, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng, Vientiane, Pakse, Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Ho Chi Minh City
3 Day Trip to Chiang mai, Mueang chiang rai from Chiang MaiBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Rai
57 Day Trip to Thailand from AmsterdamBy: Guest UserCity: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Rai, Pai, Lampang, Lopburi, Phimai, Sukhothai Regional Excise Office, Khao Yai, Ko Mak, Ko Chang, Ko Kut, Ko Tao, Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Ao Nang, Khao Lak, Surin, Ko Phi Phi Don, Ko Lanta, Ko Libong
17 Day Trip to Chiang mai, Bangkok, Phuket, Mueang chiang rai from LondonBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Rai, Phuket