Events and Festivals in Chiang Rai
- January: Nang Lae OTOP Festival is held every January. The event has a local products sale and exhibitions and a pineapple eating competition.
- Greater Mekong Subregion Culture Trade and Tourism celebrates the harmony of six countries - Thailand, Cambodia, China, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam. The events include cultural performances, exhibitions, motor shows and many more. Plan your trip during this month to experience both these events.
- February: Phu Chi FahDokSieo is a spring blossom festival celebrated from 13-15th of February every year.
- March: Elephant Polo Tournament is held between various countries every year and is a great thing to experience. There are also several performances and music shows during the tournament.
- July: Krue Tai Cultural Fair is a tribal fair with participation from various hill tribes around Chiang Rai area.
- September: Pomelo Festival is a celebration dedicated to Pomelo, the famous fruit of WiangGaen that has a unique savoury taste.
- October: Chiang Rai also hosts a spectacular music and arts festival during the month of October. It is annually organized by theTourism Authority of Thailand and Chiang Rai Administration Office.
Trip plans for Chiang Rai
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Chiang Rai
Half-Day Temples and City Private Tour of Chiang Rai1 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Chiang Rai Province in northern Thailand, is home to the small delightful city of Chiang Rai. This half day tour, with privat...Book Now
White Temple - Golden Triangle - Cruise
Duration: 12 Hrs
Take 3 hours drive from Chaing Mai to Chiang Rai. Visit Mae Kajarn Hot Spring, White temple, Tribes Village, Mae Sai Bo...Book Now
Private Tour: A Glimpse of Myanmar and the Golden Triangle Trip from Chiang Rai20 Reviews
Duration: 9 Hrs
Get a taste of Burmese culture with a private tour from Chiang Rai across the border to Tachileik, Myanmar (Burma). Stop for ...Book Now
Private Tour: Hill Tribes and the Golden Triangle Tour from Chiang Rai7 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Start your full-day privately guided excursion to Mae Chan to visit the Yao and the Akha hilltribe villages from Chiang Rai. ...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Tha Ton
- Events & Festivals in Pong Ngam
- Events & Festivals in Mae Sai
- Events & Festivals in Chiang Khong District
- Events & Festivals in Mae Ho Phra
- Events & Festivals in Huai Kaeo