How to Reach Chiang Rai - The Easiest Way to Reach Chiang Rai
- By Air: Mae FahLuang-Chiang Rai International Airport is located about 8kms from the town and has frequent flights from Bangkok.
- By Train: Chiang Rai doesn’t have a train station. But you can take a train to Chiang Mai or Lampang and take a bus to the town.
- By Bus: There are both air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned buses running frequently to Chiang Rai from both Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
- By Car: Take highway no.1 from Bangkok towards Highway no.32 to reach Chiang Rai by car. You can get to the town from Chiang Mai through Highway no. 118
- On Foot: Most of the places to visit in Chiang Rai can be easily covered on foot.
- By Bus: Local buses are available to take you to the neighbouring villages and other rural communities.
- By Tuk-Tuk: Tuk-tuks (auto rickshaws) are the best way to get around Chiang Rai.
- By Songthaew: Songthaew is a local two-row passenger vehicle that can help you get to different places in the town. Most of these generally run on sharing basis.
- By Car: You can rent a car in one of the rental agencies and explore the neighbouring villages.
- By Taxi: Taxis services are available in the city to take you around the tourist attractions and other areas.
- By Motorbikes: Motorbikes can also be rented for about 200-300 baht per day by depositing your passports with the rental agencies. Be sure to wear a helmet when you ride as it is compulsory according to Thai driving laws.
Are you looking for a Chiang Rai travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Chiang Rai
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Chiang Rai. The most preferred mode of transport in Chiang Rai is Walking.
Average distance: 4.67 km Average time: 29.33 min
Walking 66.67%Walking 35 min Motorbike 6.5 min Overall average time for 5 kms 41.5 min
Motorbike 33.33%Motorbike 5 min Overall average time for 4 kms 5 min
All QuestionsChiang rai
How to Reach Chiang rai from Nearby Cities
|Phan district to Chiang rai||9.61 km||9 mins|
|Lampang to Chiang rai||46.29 km||46 mins|
|Phitsanulok to Chiang rai||77.17 km||1 hour 17 mins|
|Chiang mai to Chiang rai||95.76 km||1 hour 35 mins|
|Nonthaburi to Chiang rai||141.7 km||2 hours 21 mins|
|Bangkok to Chiang rai||143.85 km||2 hours 23 mins|
|Hat yai to Chiang rai||262.1 km||4 hours 22 mins|
|Kangar to Chiang rai||262.88 km||4 hours 22 mins|
|Phuket to Chiang rai||264.22 km||4 hours 24 mins|
- How to reach Chiang Mai
- How to reach Kanchanaburi
- How to reach Bangkok
- How to reach Pattaya
- How to reach Hua Hin
- How to reach Ko Tao