How to Reach Chiba
- By Air: Flights to Chiba disembark at Narita’s International airport. From there, an airport shuttle can be boarded to reach the city.
- By Train: There are frequent trains from Tokyo to Chiba.
- By Road: Busses connect Chiba to neighbouring cities and towns.
- By Boat: It is possible to reach the Chiba prefecture by ferry. From there, a taxi or bus will take you to the city.
- By Monorail: Having the longest monorail system, places and neighbourhoods in Chiba are well connected by it.
- By Bus: Bus service is good in Chiba. However, people prefer monorail.
- By Taxi: Taxis although available prove to be expensive.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Chiba. The most preferred mode of transport in Chiba is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 14.34 km Average time: 40.61 min
Train/Metro 50.91%Train 34.5 min Walking 10.29 min Waiting 3.59 min Bus 0.71 min Overall average time for 20.27 kms 49.09 min
Car 9.09%Driving 26.6 min Walking 0.2 min Overall average time for 14.56 kms 26.8 min
Bike 3.64%Bike 20 min Overall average time for 4 kms 20 min
Walking 23.64%Walking 19.31 min Train 9.08 min Waiting 2.31 min Bus 0.77 min Overall average time for 5.67 kms 31.46 min
Bus/Trolleybus 5.45%Bus 24.33 min Walking 9.33 min Waiting 3.67 min Overall average time for 5.6 kms 37.33 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.82%Tram 18 min Walking 16 min Overall average time for 10 kms 34 min