Are you looking for what to do in Chiba?
Tourist attractions in Chiba city are few but worth the visit. Here are a few must see ones:
- Chiba Zoological Park: One of the most popular attractions in Chiba, the Chiba Zoological Park is a spacious home to many animals. The Zoological Park is comprised of seven zones, and maps provided at the entrance make navigating the area easy.
- Chiba Marine Stadium: If you are a baseball fanatic, head over to the Chiba Marine Stadium to catch a live game in action! Pro baseball is the most popular sport in Japan.
- Aeon Mall: Shopping, food, movies, gaming arcade, bookstore and a lot more, all under one roof! Head over to the Aeon Mall to have a fun filled and splurge worthy day.
- Chiba Port Tower: Built in 1986 to commemorate Chiba Prefecture's population reaching the 5 million people mark, the Chiba Tower is 137 meters tall. It overlooks the port in Chiba Bay and gives visitors beautiful panoramic views.
- Showa no Mori: Included in the top 100 list of ‘Urban Parks in Japan’, the Showa no Mori park is the largest in Chiba City. It covers an area of approximately 100 hectares. Inside the premises is a 4.5km cycling course with rental bicycles, kids play area, lawns, ponds, tennis courts and baseball fields.
Other places to visit in Chiba include Inage Ocean Park, Hoki Museum, Mitsui Outlet Park Makuhari, Chiba Park, Chiba Shrine, Chiba Castle ruins and Chiba City Museum of Art. And one of the things you have to visit near Chiba is the Tokyo Disneyland! Situated at a 45 minutes drive form the city, Tokyo Disneyland is a must experience phenomenon.
Below we have a list of things to do in Chiba and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Chiba getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Chiba with confidence.