Visit Chicago - Best of Chicago
One of the largest cities in USA, the vibrant city of Chicago in Illinois is located on Lake Michigan and boasts of a beautiful skyline. This lakeside city has the fourth strongest economy in the world. Chicago is a diverse and cosmopolitan city that hasn’t lost any of its genuine mid-western hospitality and friendliness.
The city is known for its rich musical cultural heritage and is also a historic hub for transportation. More importantly, the city is famous for its sports! Home to many sports stadiums and arenas, while on your visit to Chicago, it would be a crime to not watch a thrilling game (be it basketball, be it hockey or be it baseball) in action!
Divided into 77 distinct neighbourhoods, Chicago has something for every kind of visitor. In the words of Mark Twain, “It is hopeless for the occasional visitor to try to keep up with Chicago. She outgrows his prophecies faster than he can make them.” Planning on visiting Chicago for the first time? Allow us to be your Chicago travel guide; we have a huge number of Chicago tours available on the list, you can book. Each one of you should visit Chicago at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Chicago.
Chicago Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Chicago tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC-06:00
- Currency: USD
- Electricity and Internet:110 Volts and 60 cycles. Almost all commercial buildings are equipped with electrical receptacles. Wi-Fi access is available at most of the Chicago accommodations as well as many public spaces.
- Languages: English.
- Security: In case of an emergency, dial 911. If it is a non emergency, dial 311
- Chicago office of Tourism: +1 312-744-2400
- Tipping: Baggage Handlers, Coffee shops, hotel doormen, bell staff: anywhere between USD 1 to USD 3.
- Restaurants: tipping is mandatory. Generally 18% of the billed amount.
- Cab drivers expect tips whether you want to give or not! Keep a couple of dollars handy.
- Smoking is prohibited by state law at all bars, restaurants, nightclubs, offices and public buildings. It is also banned near train stations.
- Check the availability of Chicago tours before you go for booking.
Are you looking for a Chicago travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Chicago Tourist Information
- Parks And Gardens
- Amusement Parks
- Bowling Spots
- Casinos And Gaming
- Dog Parks
- Convenience Stores
- Internet Cafes
- Burger Shops
- Chinese Restaurants
- Fast Foods
- Italian Restaurants
- Mexican Restaurants
- Pizza Shops
- Thai Restaurants
- Vegan Restaurants
- Food Trucks
- Gas Stations
- Bus Stations
- Rail Stations
Chicago Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Chicago
Save 13%Chicago Architecture River Cruise2461 Reviews
Duration: 1 Hrs 15 Mins
Experience one of the worlds most beautiful cities on a 75-minute cruise on the historic Chicago River. On this architecture ...
Save 13%Big Bus Chicago Hop-On Hop-Off Tour101 Reviews
Duration: 3 Days
The lakeside metropolis of Chicago is famous for its striking skyscrapers, world-class museums and colorful political history...
Save 7%Chicago City Minibus Tour with Optional Architecture River Cruise95 Reviews
Dont miss Chicagos famous sights and fabulous views on this award-winning small-group sightseeing tour of the city. Travel th...
Chicago City Hop-on Hop-off Tour914 Reviews
Explore Chicago at your own pace during this hop-on hop-off bus trolley of the city. Choose between a 1-, 2-, or 3-day pass d...Book Now
Popular Hotels in ChicagoView all Hotels in Chicago
More about Chicago
Christmas Events In Chicago To Make The Most Of The Holiday Season
- Chicago - the name itself gives me chattering teeth and sends a shiver down my spine. As the chilling cold settles down in the city, it gets enveloped in a blanket of snow. But just then, the anticipation of Christmas warms everyone up and there is much bustle in the town to usher in everyone’s favorite festival. Chicago is home to a plethora of Christmas events suited for all ages. With a perfect mixture of traditional and modern Christmas activities, Chicago keeps everyone entertained. If you are planning a vacation this holiday season, take a look at these Christmas events in Chicago for a memorable trip.
Events for a joyous time with kids and family:
Comedy Clubs In Chicago That Will Make You Laugh, C'mon! Even Gods Love Jokes.
- We all have that one friend who always cracks silly jokes. Now they may be silly, but they make you laugh, sometimes till you cry. Today as I sit in my tall office building overlooking a beautiful Downtown Chicago, trying to meet my deadlines (argh!), I remembered a friend like that. And it brought a smile to my face. I realised that laughter is so scarce these days. But I let that thought be, coz work! Over lunch, a friend told me he has two tickets for a comedy show that was happening in one of the clubs nearby and wanted me to go with him. I picked my phone to check my calendar and my wallpaper read "Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine - Lord Byron." Now, I couldn’t let this opportunity pass, could I?
Top Michelin Star Restaurants In Chicago For 2018 - A Flavour Haven!
- Michelin Star restaurants have always had a certain impression on my mind. The posh setting, the delicate music, pretty food and heavenly flavours all together, seem too good to be true. And a chance to explore beyond the mainstream culinary world is exciting to say the least!
What better place to set out on this gastro-journey than Chicago! With a little of everything, and the best of all, this city is simple, thrilling, interesting, romantic and adventurous, all at the same time. Here is a list of the feasty-miracles in the city, and with some of the world’s best restaurants making it to this list, I’m sure that you’ll be allured into planning your next special occasion at one of these. Take a look at our list of the top Michelin Star restaurants in Chi
12 Last Minute Valentines Day Ideas For Chicago That Will Evade Your FOMO!
- Life gets you too busy sometimes and it usually is the eleventh hour when hell breaks loose, and you find yourselves contemplating ways not to disappoint your partners. Sounds like the story of life? Listed below are 12 last minute Valentine’s day ideas for Chicago that will rescue you and make sure you and your partner have no FOMO!
Facts and Stats for Chicago*
Pollution Statistics in Chicago
Know the pollution level of Chicago before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 34.44 (Low)
Water Pollution 47.32 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 54.07 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 39.53 (Low)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 30.75 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 27.03 (Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 26.36 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 19.77 (Very Low)
Chicago: Crime and Safety
How safe is Chicago for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Chicago.
Burglary and Theft 57.41 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 65.15 (High)
Assault and Armed Robbery 70.54 (High)
Corruption and Bribery 71.6 (High)
Car Stealing 54.38 (Moderate)
Robbery of Car belongings 63.66 (High)
Attacks 61.36 (High)
Drug offense 70.14 (High)
Safety walking alone during daylight 56.35 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during night 25 (Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 60.58 (High)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 47 (Moderate)
Property crimes and Vandalism 67.62 (High)
Living in Chicago - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Chicago is 158.99 (Very High)
Safety Index 34.62 (Low)
Climate Index 66.11 (High)
Pollution Index 40.72 (Moderate)
Traffic Commute Time Index 42.96 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 78.3 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 67.68 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 3.65 (Very Low)
Purchasing Power Index 131.68 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Chicago
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Chicago
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.11 USD
International Movie per seat 13 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 38.51 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 78.97 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 50.66 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.