One of the largest cities in USA, the vibrant city of Chicago in Illinois is located on Lake Michigan and boasts of a beautiful skyline. This lakeside city has the fourth strongest economy in the world. Chicago is a diverse and cosmopolitan city that hasn’t lost any of its genuine mid-western hospitality and friendliness.
The city is known for its rich musical cultural heritage and is also a historic hub for transportation. More importantly, the city is famous for its sports! Home to many sports stadiums and arenas, while on your visit to Chicago, it would be a crime to not watch a thrilling game (be it basketball, be it hockey or be it baseball) in action!
Divided into 77 distinct neighbourhoods, Chicago has something for every kind of visitor. In the words of Mark Twain, “It is hopeless for the occasional visitor to try to keep up with Chicago. She outgrows his prophecies faster than he can make them.” Planning on visiting Chicago for the first time? Allow us to be your Chicago travel guide; we have a huge number of Chicago tours available on the list, you can book. Each one of you should visit Chicago at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Chicago.
Chicago Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Chicago tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC-06:00
- Currency: USD
- Electricity and Internet:110 Volts and 60 cycles. Almost all commercial buildings are equipped with electrical receptacles. Wi-Fi access is available at most of the Chicago accommodations as well as many public spaces.
- Languages: English.
- Security: In case of an emergency, dial 911. If it is a non emergency, dial 311
- Chicago office of Tourism: +1 312-744-2400
- Tipping: Baggage Handlers, Coffee shops, hotel doormen, bell staff: anywhere between USD 1 to USD 3.
- Restaurants: tipping is mandatory. Generally 18% of the billed amount.
- Cab drivers expect tips whether you want to give or not! Keep a couple of dollars handy.
- Smoking is prohibited by state law at all bars, restaurants, nightclubs, offices and public buildings. It is also banned near train stations.
- Check the availability of Chicago tours before you go for booking.