Cloud Gate10640 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Cloud Gate, Chicago, IL 60606, United States, 60602
- Timings: 06:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3127421168
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Architecture , Neighborhoods , Landmarks, Buildings And Structures
The Cloud Gate is an open model by Indian-conceived British specialist Anish Kapoor, and is the centerpiece of the AT&T Plaza in Millennium Park inside the Loop neighborhood zone of Chicago, Illinois, United States.
The figure and AT&T Plaza are placed on top of Park Grill, between the Chase Promenade and Mccormick Tribune Plaza & Ice Rink. Developed between 2004 and 2006, the figure is nicknamed "The Bean" due to its bean-like shape. It is made up of 168 stainless steel plates welded together, and its exceedingly clean outside has no noticeable creases.
It measures 3ft x 66ft x 42ft (10m x 20m x 13m), and weighs 110 short tons. Said to have been enlivened by fluid mercury, the figure's surface reflects and mutilates the city's horizon. Guests have the ability to stroll around and under the Cloud Gate's 12-foot or 3.7m high curve.
On the underside is the omphalos, which is a curved chamber that twists and duplicates impressions. The model expands huge numbers of Kapoor's masterful topics, and is a major attraction among travelers as a zone for taking photographs for its interesting reflective lands. Be ahead of your time by planning a visit to Cloud gate in Chicago trip planner.
Cloud Gate Travel Tips
- After Kapoor's outline was picked, various mechanical concerns in regards to the configuration's development and gathering rolled out, with concerns in regards to the structural support. Different masters were counseled, some of whom accepted that the configuration couldn't be brought about.
How to Reach Cloud Gate
- Michigan/ Madison bus stop
- Millennium train station
- Randolph & Michigan bus stop
- Fournette Bar
- Fogo Chao
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.52% of people who visit Chicago include Cloud Gate in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
43.48% of people start their Cloud Gate visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cloud Gate
54.59% of people prefer walking in order to reach Cloud Gate