First United Methodist Church Of ChicagoCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: 77 W Washington St #2, Chicago, IL 60602, United States
- Timings: 07:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3122364548
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site
The oldest church in Chicago, this congregation has been holding high since 1831, even before the City of Chicago was officially formed. After changing buildings five times over the years, the Chicago Temple Building has been home to the congregation since 1924. At 400 feet above ground level, this church is considered as world's highest space for worshipping. There are three sanctuaries of the church, within the building. Situated within the heart of Chicago's Loop, this church is a perfect place for some sanctity amidst the city's hustle and bustle.
First United Methodist Church Of Chicago Travel Tips
- The tour is held for free.
First United Methodist Church Of Chicago Hours
- Saturday: 05:00 PM Worship Service in the Dixon Chapel on the 2nd floor.
- Sunday: 08:30 AM and 11:00 AM Worship Service in the Sanctuary.
- Wednesday: 12:10 PM Noontime Worship Service in the Sanctuary.
- Tours of “Chicago Chapel in the Sky”: 02:00 PM Monday-Saturday.
- For other worship service timings, refer official website.
How to Reach First United Methodist Church Of Chicago
- Madison & Clark Bus Station
- Washington & State Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.1% of people who visit Chicago include First United Methodist Church Of Chicago in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
42.86% of people start their First United Methodist Church Of Chicago visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see First United Methodist Church Of Chicago
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting First United Methodist Church Of Chicago