Fisher Building479 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 343 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60604, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-3129131922
- Ticket Price: 110 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Architecture
The Fisher Building is a 20 storey, 275 foot tall Neo-Gothic point of interest building placed at 343 South Dearborn Street in the Chicago Loop zone of Chicago. Appointed by paper financier Lucius Fisher, the definitive building was finished in 1896 by D.H. Burnham & Company with an expansion later included 1907. Despite the fact that it is a venture of D.H. Burnham & Company, the definitive structure was outlined by Charles Atwood. In 1906, an expansion on the northern side of the building raised it from 18 to 20 stories.
A previous worker of the Burnham firm, Peter J. Weber, outlined and supervised the building's expansion which was finished in 1907. The Fisher Building is characterized with terra-cotta carvings of different sea-going animals incorporating fish and crabs. Likewise, there are falcons, mythical beasts and legendary animals portrayed on the front as well.
Fisher Building Travel Tips
- Ensure that you do not disturb the residents and office staff while exploring the building.
Fisher Building Hours
- Monday - Wednesday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am - 7:30 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
How to Reach Fisher Building
- Harold Washington Library-State/Van Buren subway stop
- Jackson (Red) subway stop
- Capital Grille
- Roy’s Restaurant
- Sable Kitchen
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Fisher Building Address: 343 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60604, United States
- Fisher Building Contact Number: +1-3129131922
- Fisher Building Timing: 24-hrs
- Fisher Building Price: 110 USD
- Time required to visit Fisher Building: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
4.02% of people who visit Chicago include Fisher Building in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
42.86% of people start their Fisher Building visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Fisher Building
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fisher Building
People normally club together Museum Of Science And Industry and Merchandise Mart while planning their visit to Fisher Building.