Holy Name CathedralCurrently Open [Closes at 08:30 pm]
- Address: 730 N Wabash Ave., Chicago, IL 60611, United States
- Timings: 08:30 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3127878040
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Holy Name Cathedral - Review
The Holy Name Cathedral may have its lower beginnings as a little wooden church in a remote part of Chicago IL in those days, however it is currently, today, one of the biggest chapels in the nation. It is a Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago which swapped the Cathedral of Saint Mary and the Church of the Holy Name which were both concurrently met with the terrible disaster called the Great Chicago Fire in 1871. Truth be told, you can study more about the homicide of North Side Ganges part, Hymie Weiss, throughout the trek since there will be individuals who can identify the numerous stories about the homicide to you on the grounds that the part was executed right over the road from the congregation.
Holy Name Cathedral Information
- The church building measures 71 m long and 38 m wide and can accommodate 2000 individuals.
- The roof is 46 m high and has a tower that reaches a height of 64 m.
- Generally, the church building characteristic themes are intended to develop a feeling of physical residence in the bible founded Tree of Life.
Holy Name Cathedral Hours
- It is recommended to visit between 9 am to 4 pm.
- Weekdays: At 6 am, 7 am, 8 am; 12:10 pm and 5:15 pm.
- Saturday: At 8 am and 12:10 pm.
- Saturday Evening Vigil Masses: At 5:15pm and 7:30 pm.
- Sunday: At 7 am, 8:15 am, 9:30 am, 11 am; 12:30 pm and 5:15 pm.
- Confessions (Saturdays) In the Lower Level of the Cathedral: From 03pm to 5pm & 6:15 pm to 7:15 pm.
How To reach Holy Name Cathedral by Public Transport
- Chicago (Red) subway station
- State & Chicago (Red Line) bus stop
- Chicago & Wabash bus stop
Restaurants Near Holy Name Cathedral
- Chicago Dinner
- Original Pancake
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Holy Name Cathedral
8.39% of people who visit Chicago include Holy Name Cathedral in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
85.71% of people start their Holy Name Cathedral visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Holy Name Cathedral
80% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Holy Name Cathedral
Holy Name Cathedral Trips
Holy Name Cathedral, Chicago Reviews
One of the best land makers in downtown Chicago, great place if you wanna do your wedding also
This towering Gothic Revival Cathedral in downtown Chicago is the seat of the Archdiocese of Chicago, one of the largest Roman dioceses in the United States. Very beautiful and artistic. Masses are available during the day. The sanctuary is open all day for anyone to go and pray or simply sit quietly.
Beautiful Church. Delightful Parishoners
Great architecture. The organ was huge.
Wonderful experience! Beautiful peaceful uplifting spiritual. Great sermon