Holy Name Cathedral826 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 730 N Wabash Ave., Chicago, IL 60611, United States
- Timings: 08:30 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3127878040
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Cathedral
The Holy Name Cathedral may have its lower beginnings as a little wooden church in a remote part of Chicago IL in those days, however it is currently, today, one of the biggest chapels in the nation. It is a Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago which swapped the Cathedral of Saint Mary and the Church of the Holy Name which were both concurrently met with the terrible disaster called the Great Chicago Fire in 1871. Truth be told, you can study more about the homicide of North Side Ganges part, Hymie Weiss, throughout the trek since there will be individuals who can identify the numerous stories about the homicide to you on the grounds that the part was executed right over the road from the congregation.
Holy Name Cathedral Travel Tips
- The church building measures 71 m long and 38 m wide and can accommodate 2000 individuals.
- The roof is 46 m high and has a tower that reaches a height of 64 m.
- Generally, the church building characteristic themes are intended to develop a feeling of physical residence in the bible founded Tree of Life.
Holy Name Cathedral Hours
- It is recommended to visit between 9 am to 4 pm.
- Weekdays: At 6 am, 7 am, 8 am; 12:10 pm and 5:15 pm.
- Saturday: At 8 am and 12:10 pm.
- Saturday Evening Vigil Masses: At 5:15pm and 7:30 pm.
- Sunday: At 7 am, 8:15 am, 9:30 am, 11 am; 12:30 pm and 5:15 pm.
- Confessions (Saturdays) In the Lower Level of the Cathedral: From 03pm to 5pm & 6:15 pm to 7:15 pm.
How to Reach Holy Name Cathedral
- Chicago (Red) subway station
- State & Chicago (Red Line) bus stop
- Chicago & Wabash bus stop
- Chicago Dinner
- Original Pancake
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.71% of people who visit Chicago include Holy Name Cathedral in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
85.71% of people start their Holy Name Cathedral visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Holy Name Cathedral
80% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Holy Name Cathedral
Holy Name Cathedral Reviews & Ratings
The Holy Name Cathedral church is a beautiful church. The architecture is just amazing and beautiful. I would recommend that you stop by and visit if you’re in Chicago. For those that live in Chicago you are lucky. We were visiting from out of state and lit some candles for some family and friends. Will stop by again when it down.
This church was just beautiful in every sense. There is so much history in these walls. The homily was perfect and the choir was amazing! Great Mass!
I recently attended a family wedding there and was very disappointed. The cathedral itself is beautiful, but the way they push you out of there after the wedding ceremony without being able to take pictures is disappointing. I know they can't let people stay for hours, but allowing 30 minutes for some group shots on one of the biggest days of your life doesn't seem like too much to ask.
Beautiful venue and welcoming community. 5 stars would have been warranted if it weren't for the homily delivered at mass. That was a downer, which impacted the experience.
In town visiting. Stopped here for Mass. Beautiful church very well maintained. Ushers everywhere to help guide you to open seats. It was hard to focus on the Mass as I kept looking around at all the statues and stained glass. I will return again when I am in town.