How to Reach Chicago, Illinois
The Easiest Way to Reach Chicago
HOW TO GET TO CHICAGO
- By Air: Chicago’s two airports are the O'Hare International Airport northwest side of the city, and the smaller Midway Airport south of the downtown area. From either airport, you can take a rental car, shuttle bus or taxi.
- By Train: Chicago is well connected to almost every major city of USA via rail and for good reason, historically, the city was the rail hub of the entire nation.
- By Bus: Busses connect Chicago, Illinois to many major cities of USA. Busses at regular intervals connect the city to Davenport, Omaha, Iowa, East Lansing, Atlanta, Nashville, New York and many other cities.
- By Road: Chicago is connected to the rest of the state and country via major highways like I-55 (Stevenson Expressway), I-90/94 (The Dan Ryan), I-90 (The Kennedy) and I-94 (Edens Expressway).
HOW TO GET AROUND CHICAGO
- By Metro: Metro connects all the neighbourhoods of Chicago and is a convenient mode to travel by. Best way to explore the city is; book your favourite Chicago tours and they may provide transportations also.
- By Bus: The bus system of the city is really well planned and the busses connect almost every major Chicago attraction to each other.
- By Train: There are a few train stations in Chicago. However, it is not a preferred way to travel within the city.
- By Car: One can rent a car and drive around Chicago.
- By Taxi: Having the least expensive fair in the nation, taxis can be hailed from anywhere in the city.
- By Bicycle: Chicago has designated and dedicated bicycle paths that make it easier for cyclists to explore the city at their own pace.
- Water Taxi: To travel around the fringes of downtown Chicago, water taxis prove to be convenient.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Chicago and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Chicago
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Chicago. The most preferred mode of transport in Chicago is Car.
Average distance: 23.19 km Average time: 43.39 min
Car 56.25%Driving 42.53 min Walking 0.62 min Overall average time for 29.24 kms 43.16 min
Train/Metro 11.25%Train 33.33 min Walking 7.56 min Waiting 2.33 min Driving 0.22 min Overall average time for 21.28 kms 43.44 min
Bus/Trolleybus 2.5%Bus 27.5 min Walking 7.5 min Waiting 2.5 min Overall average time for 8.57 kms 37.5 min
Walking 20%Walking 32.5 min Train 6.56 min Driving 5.5 min Waiting 1.5 min Overall average time for 9.7 kms 46.06 min
Bike 2.5%Bike 14 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 3.22 kms 14.5 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.25%Tram 60 min Waiting 20 min Overall average time for 53.11 kms 80 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Chicago
- How to reach Michigan City
- How to reach North Muskegon
- How to reach Milwaukee
- How to reach Kokomo
- How to reach Fort Wayne
- How to reach Le Claire
- How to reach Pingree Grove
- How to reach Diamond
- How to reach La Grange Park
- How to Reach Top Cities in United States
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach New York City
- How to reach Las Vegas
- How to reach San Francisco
- How to reach Seattle
- How to reach Tacoma
- How to reach Lake Wales
- How to reach Key West
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Pawas
- How to reach Bahrain
- How to reach Pushkar