How to Reach Chicago
HOW TO GET TO CHICAGO
- By Air: Chicago’s two airports are the O'Hare International Airport northwest side of the city, and the smaller Midway Airport south of the downtown area. From either airport, you can take a rental car, shuttle bus or taxi.
- By Train: Chicago is well connected to almost every major city of USA via rail and for good reason, historically, the city was the rail hub of the entire nation.
- By Bus: Busses connect Chicago, Illinois to many major cities of USA. Busses at regular intervals connect the city to Davenport, Omaha, Iowa, East Lansing, Atlanta, Nashville, New York and many other cities.
- By Road: Chicago is connected to the rest of the state and country via major highways like I-55 (Stevenson Expressway), I-90/94 (The Dan Ryan), I-90 (The Kennedy) and I-94 (Edens Expressway).
HOW TO GET AROUND CHICAGO
- By Metro: Metro connects all the neighbourhoods of Chicago and is a convenient mode to travel by. Best way to explore the city is; book your favourite Chicago tours and they may provide transportations also.
- By Bus: The bus system of the city is really well planned and the busses connect almost every major Chicago attraction to each other.
- By Train: There are a few train stations in Chicago. However, it is not a preferred way to travel within the city.
- By Car: One can rent a car and drive around Chicago.
- By Taxi: Having the least expensive fair in the nation, taxis can be hailed from anywhere in the city.
- By Bicycle: Chicago has designated and dedicated bicycle paths that make it easier for cyclists to explore the city at their own pace.
- Water Taxi: To travel around the fringes of downtown Chicago, water taxis prove to be convenient.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Chicago. The most preferred mode of transport in Chicago is Car.
Average distance: 22.49 km Average time: 42.96 min
Car 57.28%Driving 42.31 min Walking 0.47 min Overall average time for 28.08 kms 42.78 min
Train/Metro 11.65%Train 34.08 min Walking 8.75 min Waiting 2.83 min Driving 0.17 min Overall average time for 23.34 kms 45.83 min
Bike 1.94%Bike 14 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 3.22 kms 14.5 min
Walking 19.42%Walking 29.2 min Train 6.4 min Driving 4.4 min Waiting 2.2 min Bus 0.4 min Overall average time for 8.73 kms 42.6 min
Bus/Trolleybus 3.88%Bus 27.5 min Train 6.25 min Walking 5.25 min Waiting 4.75 min Overall average time for 8.31 kms 43.75 min
Tram/Streetcar 0.97%Tram 60 min Waiting 20 min Overall average time for 53.11 kms 80 min
|West illinois street to Chicago||1.36 km||1 mins|
|Chicago heights to Chicago||2.05 km||2 mins|
|Homewood to Chicago||2.63 km||2 mins|
|Blue island to Chicago||3.93 km||3 mins|
|Flossmoor to Chicago||4.61 km||4 mins|
|Evanston to Chicago||4.71 km||4 mins|
|Evergreen park to Chicago||6.33 km||6 mins|
|Richton park to Chicago||6.63 km||6 mins|
|Milford to Chicago||7.94 km||7 mins|