An impressive 18-mile long stretch, Chicago’s Lakefront Trail is the place to be for outdoorsy people. The trail is a paved path that runs from the Ardmore Street to the 71st Street. Along the trail, you will find lush green gardens, playgrounds for children, parks, soccer fields, volleyball nets, tennis courts, beaches and amenities such as washrooms and drinking water fountains.
Popular Chicago tourist attractions along the trail include:
- Lincoln Park
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- Soldier Field
- Grant Park
- Navy Pier
- Jackson Park
- Burnham Park
Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Chicago itinerary 5 days.
Lakefront Trail Travel Tips
- During winters, the trail is often closed due to a slippery surface made up of ice and snow.
- Don’t forget to wear protective gear while biking or skating.
Lakefront Trail Hours
- Although the trail is open 24 hours, the paths and beaches along the trail generally close by 11 pm.
How to Reach Lakefront Trail
- Harbor Drive & Randolph bus stop
- Balbo & Columbus bus stop
- Solidarity Drive & Aquarium bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.56% of people who visit Chicago include Lakefront Trail in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
34.36% of people start their Lakefront Trail visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lakefront Trail
94.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lakefront Trail