Loyola University Museum Of Art45 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 820 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611, United States
- Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3129157600
- Ticket Price: 9 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums
Loyola University Museum of Art is a one of its kind museum of Chicago which saw the daylight in the fall of 2005. It is exclusively known for mounting exhibits that explore the spiritual in art from all cultures, faiths, and eras. LUMA's permanent collection comprises the Martin D'Arcy Collection of medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque art and objects ranging in date from 1150 to 1800. The mission of the museum is illustrated in the first floor lobby by the Windows of Faith, representing the five major faiths of Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam.
Loyola University Museum Of Art Travel Tips
- Rules of admission apply
- Most of the spaces and facilities at LUMA are accessible to visitors with limited mobility.
- Photography and videography are prohibited in the galleries.
Entrance Ticket Details For Loyola University Museum Of Art
- Senior (65 and over): 6 USD
- Non-Loyola students under 25 with ID: 3 USD
- Free admission for Illinois residents on Tuesdays.
Loyola University Museum Of Art Hours
- LUMA is open on Sundays during the holiday exhibitions.
How to Reach Loyola University Museum Of Art
- Metro: Grand/ State CTA is the nearest subway station to this place.
- Bus: Chicago & Rush Bus Station is the nearest bus station to this hotel.
- Taxi: Chicago Quick Taxi Cab Service is the nearby taxi service to this place.
- Water Taxi: Chicago Water Taxi is the nearest taxi service to this place.
- Bike: A lot of bike rental services are available throughout the city.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.43% of people who visit Chicago include Loyola University Museum Of Art in their plan
66.67% of people start their Loyola University Museum Of Art visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Loyola University Museum Of Art
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Loyola University Museum Of Art
Loyola University Museum Of Art Reviews & Ratings
The permanent collection of Medieval and Renaissance sacred art and reliquaries is stunning, beautiful, and impressive; but it is the fact that they pair this religious history with contemporary art focusing on issues of social justice and inclusion that really makes it shine.
Really interesting museum with a lot of fascinating art work.
This is a small museum that you can see everything in less than one hour. It's at a great location on Michigan avenue with free admission, so such a nice little spot to enjoy some art for free. I visited in June 2019 and they had four photography exhibitions from Luisa Dorr, Nichole Sobecki, Nina Roder, and Jan Hoek & Duran Lantink; learned quite a bit from them. The upper level has mainly Christian art. There were also cute cartoons of saints by David Lee Csicsko.
I strongly recommend you to visit the place.
This small museum is easy to miss, but it is worth to go. Entrance is free. Exhibition was about religious art from Europe: Italy, France etc., paintings, sculptures and so one