Music Box Theatre84 Votes
- Address: 3733 N Southport Ave, Chicago, IL 60613, United States
- Phone: +1-7738716604
- Ticket Price: 11 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Theatre, Architecture
The Music Box Theatre opened in 1929, which was considered to be the younger brother of other theatres owing to its seating capacity of 800 folks. It is a smaller, though charming and well equipped version of the larger theatres. It has a sound picture theatre which is rapidly took place of the other “deluxe” palaces. The architectural style is an eclectic melange of Italian, Spanish and Pardon-My-Fantasy put together.
Music Box Theatre Travel Tips
- Rules of admission apply.
Entrance Ticket Details For Music Box Theatre
- Ticket prices for Music Box members: 7 USD.
- Ticket prices for senior citizens: 9 USD.
- First Show of the day discount (Tuesday-Thursday only): 9.00 USD
- Matinee Pricing (11:30am Saturday and Sunday): 8.00 USD (5 USD for Music Box Members)
- Midnight Shows (Friday & Saturday): 9.00 USD (6 USD for Music Box Members)
- The Room and Rocky Horror Picture Show (Select Fridays & Saturdays at Midnight): 12.00 USD (7 USD for Music Box Members)
- Monday Special: 7.00 USD, admission and buy one, get one popcorn and soda!
Music Box Theatre Hours
- The Music Box Theatre Box Office is open daily from 15 minutes before the first show of the day until 15 minutes after the last show of the day.
- For Box-office timings refer official website.
How to Reach Music Box Theatre
- Subway to Southport Subway Station.
- Buses to Clark & Grace bus station.
- Water Taxi to Chicago Water Taxi.
- Taxi to Yellow Cab Service.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.8% of people who visit Chicago include Music Box Theatre in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
33.33% of people start their Music Box Theatre visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Music Box Theatre
83.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Music Box Theatre
Music Box Theatre Reviews & Ratings
Nice little movie theater that offers a unique screening experience. We sat in the main theater and there's a good number seats, though they aren't terribly comfortable. Tickets are little pricey ($14/ticket) but it's to be expected for the cool ambiance and live organ player before shows. They sell typical concession drinks and light snacks. The screen is a good size and the sound system fills the room. It's worth checking this place out and catching a flick.
It's a memorable and magical feeling experience coming into this theater. It's like traveling into the past and becoming a part of the theater's 90 year history. Thank you for doing special 70mm showings of such incredible films!! I'll always keep coming back. ♥️
Grand old theatre with nice staff. Cool lounge area. Interesting mix of movies. Saw Mexican horror in smaller theatre (wished we had chosen beautiful mainstage instead!)
It is a wonderful theatre! The remodeling was done exceptional well. Love that the lights remained in the ceiling- so many old venues removed them when they were remolded. And the fact they still have the old pipe organ is a nice touch. Plant go back for some of the organ events on a sat or sunday.
Very nice old, vintage decor. Awesome organ player in the main theater. Well kept bathrooms. Seats are comfortable but have no cup holders.