North Avenue Beach176 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1600 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60613, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Family And Kids, Water Sport
One of the most popular beaches in Chicago, the North Avenue Beach is always bustling with events and activities. For some thrilling water sports and recreational activities, head over to this beach while on your Chicago vacation. While at the beach, do check out the impressive and unique beach house. The ocean liner shaped building offers stunning views of the city.
North Avenue Beach Travel Tips
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen!
- Swim only when lifeguards are on duty.
- Follow lifeguards’ instructions.
- Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices are permitted.
- No smoking
- No alcohol
- No dogs on the beach.
- Do not feed birds or wildlife.
How to Reach North Avenue Beach
- By Bus: North Avenue Beach bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.58% of people who visit Chicago include North Avenue Beach in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
75% of people start their North Avenue Beach visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see North Avenue Beach
87.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting North Avenue Beach