Oak Street BeachCurrently Closed
- Address: 1000 N. Lake Shore Dr. Chicago, Illinois 60611, 60611, United States
- Timings: 06:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7733632225
- Fax: +1-8473108106
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Walking Area, Cafe, Restaurant, Leisure, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Natural, Beaches
Oak Street Beach - Review
Skylines, fun vibes and sand and waters; these are the reasons Chicagoans swear Oak Street Beach is their favorite in the city. Only minutes away from the Magnificent mile and the Navy Pier, the beach is excellent for people watching. Bikers, skaters joggers and the rest make it a frequent habit to come here to either warm up or cool down. The restaurants and cafes are terrific.
Oak Street Beach Information
- Oak Street Beach was shaped by sand cleaning up against the northern side of Streeterville.
- Initially, it was under control of the Lincoln Park District, one of some locale in the city that was combined in 1934 to make the Chicago Park District.
Oak Street Beach Hours
- Swimming is permitted when life guards are on duty, 11:00 am - 7:00 pm.
How To reach Oak Street Beach by Public Transport
- Lake Shore & Elm bus stop
- Lake Shore & Cedar bus stop
Restaurants Near Oak Street Beach
- Capital Grille
- Fournette Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Oak Street Beach
10.55% of people who visit Chicago include Oak Street Beach in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
37.5% of people start their Oak Street Beach visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Oak Street Beach
94.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oak Street Beach
Oak Street Beach Trips
Oak Street Beach, Chicago Reviews
Close to Michigan Ave. Clean beach. Great place to people watch. Also a good spot to catch the air show!
Awesome beach in an awesome location. Another beach with great views of Chicago. It does get packed though.
Had a great time at the beach party
Awesome venue for AVP pro Beach volleyball
Nothing much in terms of places to have a bite. Otherwise cool, great crowd.