Oak Street Beach1038 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 11:00 pm]
Skylines, fun vibes and sand and waters; these are the reasons Chicagoans swear Oak Street Beach is their favorite in the city. Only minutes away from the Magnificent mile and the Navy Pier, the beach is excellent for people watching. Bikers, skaters joggers and the rest make it a frequent habit to come here to either warm up or cool down. The restaurants and cafes are terrific.
Oak Street Beach Travel Tips
- Oak Street Beach was shaped by sand cleaning up against the northern side of Streeterville.
- Initially, it was under control of the Lincoln Park District, one of some locale in the city that was combined in 1934 to make the Chicago Park District.
Oak Street Beach Hours
- Swimming is permitted when life guards are on duty, 11:00 am - 7:00 pm.
How to Reach Oak Street Beach
- Lake Shore & Elm bus stop
- Lake Shore & Cedar bus stop
- Capital Grille
- Fournette Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.61% of people who visit Chicago include Oak Street Beach in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
37.5% of people start their Oak Street Beach visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Oak Street Beach
94.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oak Street Beach