St. James Cathedral80 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: St. James Commons, 65 E Huron St, Chicago IL 60611-2728, United States
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3127877360
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Cathedral
St. James Cathedral is the mother church of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America Diocese of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois. It is the oldest church of the Anglican Communion. It was originally built as a parish church but got destroyed in the fire. The bell tower though belongs to the other structure and stands till date. The windows are stunning with fine painted glass and range back to the end of the nineteenth century.
St. James Cathedral Travel Tips
- Please follow the necessary customs and traditions of the place.
- For more information, visit the official website.
St. James Cathedral Hours
- The service takes place at 12:10pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- The service takes place at 5:30pm on Wednesdays.
- On Sunday, the service takes place at 8:00 am in St. Andrew’s Chapel.
- On Sunday, the service takes place at 9:00am in the Cathedral.
- Sunday School at 10:00am in the Undercroft for children of age group 3 to 17 years, in the lower level of the Cathedral.
- On Sunday, grand service at 11:00am in the cathedral.
- Choral Evensong on the first Sunday of the month in October and February through June.
How to Reach St. James Cathedral
- Subway to Chicago(Red) Subway Station.
- Buses to State & Huron bus station.
- Water Taxi to Chicago Water Taxi- LaSalle/Clark.
- Taxi to Pure Taxi Media.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.76% of people who visit Chicago include St. James Cathedral in their plan
66.67% of people start their St. James Cathedral visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see St. James Cathedral
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. James Cathedral
St. James Cathedral Reviews & Ratings
Gorgeous church. We were there for my husband's Mom and Dad's Memorial Service. The Minister and congregation were wonderful.
I have been a member for several years after visiting for 1 year. We have found a church home filled with glorious music-filled worship, challenging preaching, committed outreach, friendly people, chorister school as well as other programs for children, social action events, etc. Come, visit, worship, serve. See if we can be your place of worship, service, and learning.
The generosity of people are so very amazing :) Thank you Sir Scott
Gorgeous, contemplative space. AMAZING parking deal on Sundays ($2). The choral music will take your breath away. Very progressive, inclusive community. Overflowing with kids at the 9 o'clock service. Friendly coffee hour.
The moment I waked through the front doors I felt welcomed, everyone I encounter are so inviting. After filling out a welcome card I was contacted within days. The Outreach ministries continues to be a gift to me. Come and be a part of the Meals Ministry and Summer in the City.