Willis TowerCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: 233 S Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3128750066
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids, Tower, Observation Deck
Willis Tower (formerly named and still commonly referred to as Sears Tower) is no longer the tallest building in the world, still the Tower remains an important destination. It’s main attraction is it’s observatory deck, which looks out around for about fifty miles. The best part of the sky deck is the glass balcony, a ledge that extends out of the building, allowing you the surreal feeling of standing on thin air. If you happen to be here when the sun goes down, the sights are just beautiful.
- If you have a city pass or a fast pass, you might be able skip most of the queues.
- The queues might be quite long. It could be upto two hours.
- It’s best not to go if it’s crowded.
General Admission to the Skydeck
- Adults (ages 12 and above) USD 22
- Youth (3 years to 11) USD 14
- Free entry for children under 3 years.
- For offers and special passes, please refer to the official website.
- October through March from 10am-8pm
- April through September from 9am-10pm
- Last entry 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Franklin & Adams bus stop
- Quincy/ Wells subway stop
- Franklin & Jackson bus stop
- Adams & S. Wacker bus stop
- Wildberry Pancakes
- Hot Doug’s
- Garrett Popcorn
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chicago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chicago and book an accommodation of your choice.
94.21% of people who visit Chicago include Willis Tower in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
43.96% of people start their Willis Tower visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Willis Tower
80.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Willis Tower
Just what I was told. The experience was amazing. The lines are long but they go in pretty quickly. Waiting time is not as it is exaggerated to be. The actual time in the outlook is seconds fast. However, plenty of time to take the picture to capture the moment. Height phobia overlooked due to the quickness and placement. The views are worth it. Have fun!
Loved it! Quick and easy access, not much people on Sunday morning, price was reasonable. Excellent view from the top, small shop and restaurant(?) on the top. And of course sunny weather provided very nice view. Except for the haze,which spoiled it a tiny bit.
This was my first time in Chicago and in the tower. The view was absolutely stunning! I've never been in a bldg that high up before so I enjoyed the experience. Key to point out the staff who work there are very stern but not rude at all. They wanted the lines to flow and ensure that everyone got to experience something amazing. Kudos to them.
Definitely an experience! Not worth the summer wait for me, but going on a Wednesday in October, it was great, super slow day. Great view. Short time in the sky deck but enough for our photos. Very military friendly. It was a good time!
It was a dream come true to me since going to the sky deck Lodge was on my bucket list. I've enjoyed it a lot however I found the bottom glass quite "blurry" and you can't get really good pictures with your phone, especially when they only give you like 30 seconds or something to be there. (Because of the long lines). Still it was a Very pleasant experience, the view is fantastic, it's impressive to see Chicago from up there. Nice souvenir shop and I also had a great traditional deep dish pizza!