Annapurneshwari Temple115 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Srikshetra Horandu, Mudigere-Taluk, Chikmagalur district, Pincode - 577181, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8026326971
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Amidst in the picturesque beauty of Horanadu, Annapoorneshwari Temple is considered to be one of the most important religious sites for the people of Karnataka. It is said to be the ancient temple of Goddess Annapoorneshwari of this region. The name Annapoorneshwari means that one who provides food. According to history, this temple was built by Safe Agasthya. He was the first person to install the idol of the goddess in this temple. That’s why, later on this temple was renamed as Adi- Shaktyatmaka Shree Annapoorneshwari Temple.
Step inside the temple to see the beautiful idol of the goddess Annapoorneshwari made of gold.
Legend has it that whoever visits this temple is blessed that he will never go hungry in his life. With respect to this story, till date the temple authorities feed every visitor who comes in the temple’s premise.
Hence, if you are visiting this temple you can be sure that you are not going to return back hungry.
Annapurneshwari Temple Travel Tips
- For accommodation, Boarding and lodging facility is provided by Temple trust.
- Regular public buses are available from different part of Karnataka to reach Horandu
Entrance Ticket Details For Annapurneshwari Temple
- Donations are accepted. Ask the authorities about the details.
Annapurneshwari Temple Hours
- Pooja timings: 6:30am – 9am, 11am – 2pm, 7pm – 9pm.
How to Reach Annapurneshwari Temple
- From Chikmagalur, hire a taxi or rent a car to reach the temple.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chikmagalur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chikmagalur and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.2% of people who visit Chikmagalur include Annapurneshwari Temple in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
48.28% of people start their Annapurneshwari Temple visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Annapurneshwari Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Annapurneshwari Temple