Jamalabad FortCurrently Open
- Address: Jamalabad Village, Chikamagalur, India, Chikmagalur Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Adventure, Fort
Jamalabad fort was erected by the legendary Tiger of Mysore, Tipu Sultan. Entrenched in the hills of Kundremukh, this fortified structure was built 1700 ft above sea level, out of a massive granite mount. This fort can be accessed via a narrow path of 1876 steps leading to the base of the fort. This intimidating path to this historic fortress inspires the adventurer trekkers to come all the way to Jamala fort. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Chikmagalur itinerary 2 days.
Jamalabad Fort Travel Tips
- Overnight stay is not allowed.
- This trek is not suitable for novices.
- Carry adequate drinking water, beverages and snacks.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- People who have fear of heights should avoid this trek.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jamalabad Fort
- Ask the entry fee you need to pay at the check post at the base of the hill.
Jamalabad Fort Hours
- Entry to the fort is restricted between 6am to 6pm.
How to Reach Jamalabad Fort
- By car from Chikmagalur till the base of the hill.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chikmagalur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chikmagalur and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Jamalabad Fort Address: Jamalabad Village, Chikamagalur, India, Chikmagalur
- Jamalabad Fort Timing: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Jamalabad Fort(preferred time): 08:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Jamalabad Fort: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
3.37% of people who visit Chikmagalur include Jamalabad Fort in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
60% of people start their Jamalabad Fort visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Jamalabad Fort
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jamalabad Fort
People normally club together Manjusha Museum and Gangamoola Hill while planning their visit to Jamalabad Fort.