Mullayanagiri, Chikmagalur - Address
Address: Mullayanagiri, Chickmagaluru, Karnataka 577101
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 15K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Outdoors, Mountain, View Point, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Peak, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Mullayanagiri, Chikmagalur
Mullayanagiri is the highest peak in Karnataka, India with a towering height of 6330 feet This panoramic hilltop is nestled in the eastern region of Chandra Drona range of Western Ghats, and flanked by the famous Himalaya and Nilgiri mountains. This lofty summit is a trekkers’ paradise and presents a stunning sight from the zenith of the peak, especially at sunrise and sunset time.
A small temple is located at the top of the mountain. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. This temple has been one of the important pilgrimage sites for hundreds of Lord Shiva’s devotees.
However, this peak is not favorable for trekking during monsoon. Hence, if you are keen to trek this hill, spring and summer seasons are the best.
The spectacular landscape of Mullayanagiri is accessible by car and other road-based vehicles.
- During early morning hours, the peak is usually covered by mist. So be careful while trekking.
- This trek is not suitable for novices.
- Warm clothing and woolen caps are an absolute must on this trek.
- Carry adequate drinking water, beverages and snacks.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- People who have fear of heights should avoid this trek.
Mullayanagiri Opening and Closing Hours
- You can visit the peak any time of the day. However, morning hours are preferred for safety reason.
How To reach Mullayanagiri by Public Transport
- By Bus: While going towards Baba Budangiri, get off at the foothill of Mullayanagiri.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chikmagalur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chikmagalur and book an accommodation of your choice.