Sringeri Sharada PeethamCurrently Closed
- Address: Chickmagalur District, Sringeri, Karnataka 577139, Chikmagalur, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8265250594
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, River, Family And Kids, Nature
Sringeri Mutt is a venerated spiritual abode commemorating the hermitage of Rishi Vibhandaka, the famous revered sage and his son, Rishyashringa. Adi Shankaracharya, the pioneer theologian of Advaita Philosophy in Hinduism, established this spiritually rich sanctuary to teach his disciples. The Mutt enjoys a natural elevation of 2204 ft and a serene ambiance, which enhances the beauty of this sublime place. Moreover, the bank of Tunga River is also at close proximity to this sanctuary, accentuating the legendary heritage of Sringeri Mutt. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Chikmagalur itinerary 2 days.
Sringeri Sharada Peetham Travel Tips
- Guest houses are available for accommodation.
- Lunch and dinner is provided daily to all the visitors.
- Donations are accepted. Ask the authorities about the details.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sringeri Sharada Peetham
- Entry is free.
Sringeri Sharada Peetham Hours
- For pooja timings, get in touch with the temple authorities.
How to Reach Sringeri Sharada Peetham
- Frequent public buses are available from Bangalore, Mangalore, Horanadu, Chikmagalur, Hassan, Shimoga, Birur and other places in Karnataka.
- By car: Via S.K Border, Kudremukh National Park and Kalasa
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chikmagalur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chikmagalur and book an accommodation of your choice.
36.44% of people who visit Chikmagalur include Sringeri Sharada Peetham in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
46.07% of people start their Sringeri Sharada Peetham visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sringeri Sharada Peetham
92.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sringeri Sharada Peetham