Are you looking for what to do in Chikmagalur?
PLACES TO SEE
- Mullayanagiri: The highest peak in Karnataka has some jaw dropping sites on offer! Get on top and be a witness to this magic! Just be careful as the roads near the top are quite narrow. Sunrise and sunset are the best times to visit the hills etch it in your itinerary. One of the must visit places in Chikamagalur.
- Kudremukh National Park: Kudremukha literally translates to as “Horse face” and it points to a particular location on the mountain that resembles to that of a horse face. It is one of the most popular tourist places in Chikamagalur. A national park that has beautiful scenery, milky waterfalls, trekking opportunities and the picture perfect ghat section leading to the hills.
- Kemmangundi: Favourite of Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV, this hill station is one of the best and most frequented by the tourists in present times as well and is only a few kilometres away from Chikamagalur.
- Z Point: Perfect place to spend some quite time with a special someone or explore the trekking path with the friends. You can also plan your visit so that you can view a sunrise or a sunset from this point! Its breath taking.
- Belavadi: A place of historical and architectural importance, it is home to many temples and a mutt of Shankaracharya. A must visit for all the history buffs and anyone who likes to travel back in time and see the beautiful pieces created in different time periods.
- Shopping: Not a place for the shopaholics, but a paradise for all the Coffee lovers! Take your pick from various varieties of Coffee available here.
Below we have a list of things to do in Chikmagalur and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Chikmagalur getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Chikmagalur with confidence.