Kalika Mata Temple
- Address: Chittorgarh Fort, Chittorgarh, Rajasthan 312001, India
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
About Kalika Mata Temple, Chittorgarh
As the name suggests, this temple is dedicated to Kalika- the Hindu Goddess of courage and power. Believed to be built in 8th century, this temple is one of the oldest in Chittorgarh region. The temple was believed to have been constructed as a Sun temple by the King Bappa Rawal of Sisodya Dynasty. It was only in 14th century that the idol of Goddess Kalika was installed here by Maharana Hamir Singh. Since Kalika is believed to be the patron goddess of Chittorgarh, this temple holds a lot of religious significance for the locals.
Kalika Mata Temple Information
- Follow the Hindu rituals while entering the temple.
Kalika Mata Temple Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Kalika Mata Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- Recommended time to visit the temple: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
How To reach Kalika Mata Temple by Public Transport
- One can hire an auto rickshaw or a tempo to reach the temple from Chittorgarh town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chittorgarh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chittorgarh and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kalika Mata Temple
82.85% of people who visit Chittorgarh include Kalika Mata Temple in their plan
30.04% of people start their Kalika Mata Temple visit around 12 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Kalika Mata Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kalika Mata Temple
Kalika Mata Temple Map
Kalika Mata Temple Trips
Kalika Mata Temple, Chittorgarh Reviews
This Temple devoted to Goddess Bhadrakali Mata. This temple is very beautiful structure and amazing architecture. This temple is an 8th century Hindu temple located in Chittorgarh Fort Village Chittorgarh Rajasthan.This temple Must visit with family and friends.
Jay mata ji ki
A generic temple, very crowded and unkempt. Nothing special that can be seen here.
Best place for vist
It was earlier Sun Temple , but later when Moughal invaders attacked and broke it from everywhere, an idol of Goddess Kali was placed here ... Mewar rulers used to offer prayers here ... Beautiful Temple ...
All QuestionsKalika mata temple
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Chrystusa Króla
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Miłosierdzia Bożego
- Zespół Parafialny Parafii Pw. NMP Wspomożenia Wiernych Caritas Diecezji Koszalińsko - Kołobrzeskiej
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Wojciecha
- Gminny Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Rocha
- Muzeum Ziemi Złotowskiej
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Parafia Rzymsko - Katolicka Pw. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Miejska Biblioteka Publiczna Imielin
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Matki Bożej Szkaplerznej
- Dom Zakonny Zgromadzenia Sług Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Matki Bożej Bolesnej
- Bondar-Trans. Bąk D.
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Antoniego