About Edo Castle, Chiyoda
Overview of Edo Castle
Edo Castle is also commonly known as the Chiyoda Castle. Built in the year 1457 by Ota Dokan, it is a flatland castle but boasts of a lovely architecture. It was basically the home castle to the dynasty of Tokugawa Shoguns who were responsible for the Edo government. The Edo government ruled Japan for roughly 260 years and this is how the castle gets its name. It is a definite must visit for history and architecture lovers alike.
More about Chiyoda
Find the joy in planning a D.I.Y. trip by using this awesome Chiyoda trip planner.
Fine Accommodation options like Apa Hotel Ochanomizu-ekikita, Myoujin-no-yu Dormy Inn Premium Kanda, Unizo Inn Tokyo Kandaeki-west and Tokyu Stay Suidobashi will meet your requirement of where to stay in Chiyoda.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chiyoda before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chiyoda and book an accommodation of your choice.
Share your experience - Rate Edo Castle, Chiyoda
Wish there was the original castle still standing but we are just left to imagine what it would be like. The 3rd castle that was built (that's gone now of course) is said to reach 50 meters high, which would have been so impressive to see. Still this is a place to feel what Edo was once like.
Nice garden but not much more. It was mostly an enjoyable walk.
Not much is left of Edo Castle except walls, moats, some guardhouses and gates. The donjon was destroyed in a fire, and only the stone foundations exist. World War II destroyed more buildings. Standing here, one can use one's imagination to think of how splendid the castle would have looked in its heyday when ruled by the Tokugawa shoguns. The area in front of the donjon was occupied by the Honmaru Goten Palace, residence of the shogun.
Huge gardens within a moated wall. Areas were blocked off. Edo castle is just an area that once was a castle. Spent an hour walking around and nothing really there to see.
The Biggest Castle in Japan, which served as a castle of Tokugwa Shougun and political center by Tokugawa Shogunate. Lots of walking but not many od castle-building remain there. However, this castle is like a huge garden which is well-maintained and very clean.
- Other Attractions
- Japavathi River Camp
- Bettada Byraveshwara Temple
- Sakaleswara Temple
- Canara Bank Atm
- Manjarabad Fort
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Sakleshpur City Center
- Cheap Hotels Near Japavathi River Camp
- Cheap Hotels Near Bettada Byraveshwara Temple
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Sakaleswara Temple
- Luxury Hotels Near Canara Bank Atm
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Manjarabad Fort
- City Tripplans
- 20 Day Trip to Japan from Chesapeake
- 13 Day Trip to Tokyo, Osaka, Chiyoda, Narita, Malaysia from Kuala Lumpur
- 4 Day Trip to Chiyoda from Tottenham
- 5 Day Trip to Chiyoda from Merrylands
- 4 Day Trip to Chiyoda from Addison
- 4 Day Trip to Chiyoda from Winter Garden
- 4 Day Trip to Chiyoda from Simi Valley
- 2 Day Trip to Chiyoda from Chiyoda
- 5 Day Trip to Chiyoda from Chittagong
- 6 Day Trip to Japan from Jakarta