St. Ignatius Catholic ChurchCurrently Open
- Address: 6 Chome-5-1 Kojimachi, Chiyoda, Tokyo 102-0083, Japan Map
- Phone: +81-332634584
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
The Catholic Kojimachi St Ignatius Church in Yotsuya is a multinational church embracing visitors from all religious background. The church offers Sunday prayers in the language of each country so that the visitors don’t feel out. The church building is centred on the elliptical main sanctuary that looks like a giant egg and is the symbol of life and resurrection of Christ. The statue of Jesus in front of the Main Shrine welcomes the visitors. The Main Cathedral has 700 seats surrounding the altar so that everyone can see the liturgy performance. The Mary’s Cathedral has the stained glass picture of Ignatius depicting the future; it has 180 seats and is used for wedding and funerals. The Xavier Cathedral has rustic walls and wild plants to provide the quiet Japanese feel.
More about Chiyoda
Find the joy in planning a D.I.Y. trip by using this awesome Chiyoda trip planner.
You can enjoy a comfortable stay in the city by booking the best hotels in Chiyoda like The B Tokyo Ochanomizu, The B Tokyo Suidobashi and Tokyu Stay Suidobashi.
Generate executable plans on your own or book the top rated Chiyoda vacation packages for your visit. Read more on how to reach Chiyoda.
How to Reach St. Ignatius Catholic Church
- Trains Chuo Line, Chuo Line-Limited Express, Chuo-Sobu Line (Local), Narunouchi Line, Namboku Line to stop : Yotsuya Station
- St. Ignatius Catholic Church Address: 6 Chome-5-1 Kojimachi, Chiyoda, Tokyo 102-0083, Japan
- St. Ignatius Catholic Church Contact Number: +81-332634584
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!