Ci Qi KouCurrently Open
- Address: 14 km W of Chongqing, Chongqing 400030,China
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, River, Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids, Nature
Ci Qi Kou - Review
Showing a reflection of what Chongqing must have looked like centuries ago is this ancient little town of Ci Qi Kou. The town got its name, literally translating to the porcelain village, due its significance for porcelain production in the Ming and Qing dynasties. Situated at the banks of Jia Ling River, today this lovely little town is bursting with colours and is full of experiences.
With its 12 alleys showcasing ancient architecture and a bustling marketplace feel to it, Ci Qi Kou is much loved by tourists and has quite a few attractions. Landmarks of Ci Qi Kou include –
- The Compund of Zhong which stands for more than 120 years
- The Bayu Dwellings Collection
- The Bao Lun Buddhist Temple built about 600 years ago
- The ancient Han Lin Academy
Culturally, Ci Qi Kou puts on display the best of Chongqing. One must not miss-
- The various tea bars, each with their own distinct style
- The ateliers, holding works by local artists
- The Shu embroidery workshops displaying the craft famous across China
Various customs such as Chuntai Drama, Dragon Dance, Pingshu, Dragon boat race, temple fair have followed through the centuries in the town and continue even today. The Ci Qi Kou has some of the most exquisite experiences for your taste buds to offer. There are shops selling the Chongqing old yoghurt, Salt and Pepper Peanut, Chen Mahua and spicy noodles. You can even enjoy a barbecue at the riverside.
Ci Qi Kou Information
- Explore the town on a leisurely stroll.
- The riverside is a great site for kite flying.
- Visit in spring or winter.
How To reach Ci Qi Kou by Public Transport
- Metro line 1 gets you to Ciqikou station.
- Bus operational from in front of Chongqing Grand Hotel to Ciqikou.
- Take bus 202, 220, 237, 467, 503, 808, 843 and get off at Ciqikou Main Entrance.
Restaurants Near Ci Qi Kou
- Chen Chang Chen Twist Silver Town
- Tang HuoGuo
- One Town Chiken Gizzard
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chongqing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chongqing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ci Qi Kou
95% of people who visit Chongqing include Ci Qi Kou in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
90.57% of people start their Ci Qi Kou visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Ci Qi Kou
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ci Qi Kou
Ci Qi Kou Trips
Ci Qi Kou, Chongqing Reviews
Each city has its own preserved ancient old town. It is so good to see preservation mixed with modern culture.
A great place to literally shop an entire afternoon; if you can appreciate food and shops. It is full of fun things to see & eat. The shops will inflate prices by 50-75% so be ready to haggle. There is a fabulous Chinese Opera along with a meal for roughly ¥65 per person. I totally recommend it. Music, magic and show plus decent food. You'll love it!
Really crowded, ancient market place. Lots of street food and other stuff. Interesting experience.
Great place to experience Chongqing history. Lots of food and drink for you to taste. People everywhere......
Wonderful quaint old town. But there's are lots of hawkers for souvenirs. Being part of the Chongqing area it is pretty busy. But really loved it. Bought some new things for the folks back home.