Ci Qi Kou, Chongqing
About Ci Qi Kou, Chongqing
Ci Qi Kou, Chongqing - Address
Address: 14 km W of Chongqing, Chongqing 400030,China
Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.8K times in trip plans
Outdoors, River, Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Showing a reflection of what Chongqing must have looked like centuries ago is this ancient little town of Ci Qi Kou. The town got its name, literally translating to the porcelain village, due its significance for porcelain production in the Ming and Qing dynasties. Situated at the banks of Jia Ling River, today this lovely little town is bursting with colours and is full of experiences.
With its 12 alleys showcasing ancient architecture and a bustling marketplace feel to it, Ci Qi Kou is much loved by tourists and has quite a few attractions. Landmarks of Ci Qi Kou include –
- The Compund of Zhong which stands for more than 120 years
- The Bayu Dwellings Collection
- The Bao Lun Buddhist Temple built about 600 years ago
- The ancient Han Lin Academy
Culturally, Ci Qi Kou puts on display the best of Chongqing. One must not miss-
- The various tea bars, each with their own distinct style
- The ateliers, holding works by local artists
- The Shu embroidery workshops displaying the craft famous across China
Various customs such as Chuntai Drama, Dragon Dance, Pingshu, Dragon boat race, temple fair have followed through the centuries in the town and continue even today. The Ci Qi Kou has some of the most exquisite experiences for your taste buds to offer. There are shops selling the Chongqing old yoghurt, Salt and Pepper Peanut, Chen Mahua and spicy noodles. You can even enjoy a barbecue at the riverside.
Ci Qi Kou Information
- Explore the town on a leisurely stroll.
- The riverside is a great site for kite flying.
- Visit in spring or winter.
How To reach Ci Qi Kou by Public Transport
- Metro line 1 gets you to Ciqikou station.
- Bus operational from in front of Chongqing Grand Hotel to Ciqikou.
- Take bus 202, 220, 237, 467, 503, 808, 843 and get off at Ciqikou Main Entrance.
Restaurants Near Ci Qi Kou
- Chen Chang Chen Twist Silver Town
- Tang HuoGuo
- One Town Chiken Gizzard
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chongqing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chongqing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ci Qi Kou, Chongqing Reviews - Write a Review
A great place tho literally shortens an entire afternoon if you can appreciate food and shops. Fill of fun things tho see & eat. The shops will inflate prices by 50-75% so be ready tho haggle.
Back to old chinese life. Many delicious food store. Long distance walk way. We spent more than 2 hrs. there. But it quite difficult to order food if you don't know Chinese at all.
Great old town to spend a few hours, checkout cool stores, buy souvenirs and. The Temple on the top is also worth checking out.
I didn't expect a lot but loved it. The old town is great fun. Don't miss the temple on top of the hill. The only teal one i saw in China
Old village given fresh stores and facade, cost of food is higher than normal
- Nearby Attractions
- Nanwenquan Park
- Xinan University
- Chiang Kai-sheks Residence
- Tieshanping Forest Park
- Louqat Hill Park
- Pianyan Ancient Town
- Jinfo Mountain
- Song Qing Lings Residence
- Yangtoushan Forest Park
- Fengjie Xinglong Printing Factory
- Chongqing Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Chongqing
- What to See in 48 Hours in Chongqing
- What to See in 72 Hours in Chongqing
- How to Spend 5 Days in Chongqing
- How to Spend 6 Days in Chongqing
- How to Spend 7 Days in Chongqing