Hongya Cave, Chongqing
Hongya Cave, Chongqing - Address, Phone Number
Address: Junction of Cangbai Road, Yangtze River and Jialing River, Yuzhong District, Chongqing 400000,China
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.8K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Cave, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Hongya Cave, Chongqing
During the Ming dynasty, 17 gates were built to protect Chongqing in which Hongya was one of the 8 closed ones used only for military matters. To the lower right of this Hongya gate is a cave which has seen days of lovely streams that joined the Yangtze. But this is not all that Hongya cave is. It has expanded into a new meaning which combines travel, leisure, business and culture of China.
Situated in the bustling commercial district of Jiafangbei, with buildings standing on wooden stilts showcasing Bayu traditional architecture, Hongya is a splendid view along the river. The place is filled with touristy things to do and one will find –
- The Hongya Dripping, waterfall joining the river.
- Rows of Diaojiaolou buildings.
- The four main streets of Hongya Cave - Paper Salt River bars Street, Tiancheng Lane Bayu affectionate Street , Table delicacies of Grand Banquet Street and Cities Balcony of Unknown land Customs.
- The Ba Yu Theatre, showing dance performances which fuse Ba Yu culture with traditional Chinese art.
Hongya Cave fervently promotes the Bayu history and culture. The four main streets are filled with a variety of experiences ranging from food, fashion, arts, jewellery, folk crafts and exquisite commodities. During the day, it offers a beautiful scenic experience of the river, greenery and mountains. But the area looks truly alive after sunset when the nightlife comes to being. Titillating aromas hang in the air thanks to the many street food stalls offering Hot and Sour Rice Noodles, Hotpot String, Bean Jelly, Boiled Fish with Pickled Cabbage and Chili and a million other Chinese street delicacies. Like all of China, Hongya Cave is rich with culture and experiences and is a must visit.
Hongya Cave Information
- Avoid visiting in July and August as these are the rainy months.
- Visit early evening to enjoy the scenic beauty, sunset as well as the early nighlife.
How To reach Hongya Cave by Public Transport
- Visitors can take bus 111, 112, 151, 181, 215 to the Hongya Cave stop.
Restaurants Near Hongya Cave
- Cactus Tex Mex
- Nenlu Tea
- Chongqing Hotpot Liu
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chongqing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chongqing and book an accommodation of your choice.