Jiefang MonumentCurrently Open
- Address: No.177 Minzu Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing 400010, China
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Educational Site, Monument, Statue, Family And Kids
Jiefang Monument - Review
In the heart of the centre of the city, which is the Jiefangbei Square, stands the Chongqing People’s Liberation Monument also known as the Jiefang Monument. The 27 metre tall monument has stood proud since 1945 commemorating the victory over the Japanese in the Second World War.
Originally, in 1940, the site was a wooden memorial commemorating Sun Yat-Sen who is considered as the Father of China. 5 years later, it was decided as the place to establish a monument celebrating the victory of World War II. The building has a winding staircase leading to the top. Today, the Jiefang monument is surrounded by the Jiefanbei plaza, which offers entertainment and accommodation to tourists, and has thousands of visitors every day.
The monument represents the pride of the city. The Jiefangbei plaza is a delight to explore with its numerous shopping avenues. The area is unique in its presentation – the old, proud monument amidst modern stores and styles speaks in volume the ability of China to combine its past and present with modernity and pride.
How To reach Jiefang Monument by Public Transport
- Bus routes to Liberation Monument include No. 302, 401, 402, 405, 463, 465, 0493, 601.
- Take light rail Line 3 and de-board at Niujiaotuo , transfer onto light rail 2 and de-board at Linjiangmen or Jiaochangkou , where you will find the Liberation Monument .
Restaurants Near Jiefang Monument
- Bull Fighter
- C. Straits Cafe
- Chongqing Qinma Hot Pot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chongqing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chongqing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jiefang Monument
95% of people who visit Chongqing include Jiefang Monument in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
63.94% of people start their Jiefang Monument visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Jiefang Monument
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jiefang Monument
Jiefang Monument Map
Jiefang Monument Trips
Jiefang Monument, Chongqing Reviews
All QuestionsJiefang monument
- Martin Himler House
- First Baptist Church
- Mount Vernon Baptist Church
- Simpson Chapel Baptist Church
- Bible Believers Bapt Church KNNRD
- New Hope Baptist Church
- Community Full Gospel Church
- Truth Tabernacle
- Gospel Lighthouse Church Of God
- Davy Crockett National Forest
- Pinney Creek Church
- Rockaway Sportfishing Charters
- New London-Waterford Speedbowl
- Camp Harkness Fund