Three Gorges Museum, ChongqingCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: No.236 Renmin Road, Yuzhong District,Chongqing 400015, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, Educational Site, Family And Kids
About Three Gorges Museum, Chongqing
Located right opposite the City Hall of Chongqing is this massive and impressive museum which holds history inside its modern realms. The Three Gorges Museum opened in 2005 and has been telling Chongqing’s story ever since. The museum talks about the city’s culture and relation with nature throughout the centuries.
The primary exhibit of this museum documents all aspects related to the Three Gorges Project of Chongqing. There are four basic displays in this museum which are as follows –
- The Glorious Three Gorges
- Ancient Ba- Yu
- Chongqing: the City road
- The Anti Japanese wars
The museum lets its visitors study Chongqing comprehensively by displaying the various significant eras of the city. It talks about the cultural past, war history, urbanization and modernisation of Chongqing leading to a better understanding of the city’s present and future. Besides the four basic displays, the museum holds six themed displays which are as follows –
- Calligraphies and Paintings through centuries
- Porcelains through various eras
- Coins through various eras
- Sculptures from the Han rule
- Folk customs
- Li Chuli donated cultural relics
Skeletons of dinosaurs from the prehistoric time are also on display. The museum makes it a point to be interactive and informative and has achieved their aim of educating people about the Three Gorges Project by the use of high end technology. An example of this is the 360° cinema of Three Gorges showing the scenic beauty of the area before the construction of the dam. There is also a planetarium showing the history of a few cities along the Three Gorges.
Three Gorges Museum Information
- The museum is huge and has a 5000 persons visitation limit so visit early.
Three Gorges Museum Ticket Prices
- The guide services cost CNY 200.
- The audio guide costs CNY 10.
Three Gorges Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Last entry at 4pm.
- Entry is free.
How To reach Three Gorges Museum by Public Transport
- Take bus 104, 112, 132, 145, 152, 181, 215, 261, 262, 265, 322, 338, 421, 609, 829, 866, 868, 881 and get off at Da Li Tang (China Three Gorges Museum).
Restaurants Near Three Gorges Museum
- Chongqing Snack
- Yapengzi Old Duck Soup
- Chongqing Qinma Hot Pot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chongqing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chongqing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Three Gorges Museum
95% of people who visit Chongqing include Three Gorges Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
83.27% of people start their Three Gorges Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Three Gorges Museum
90.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Three Gorges Museum