Zhazi CaveCurrently Open
- Address: Zhazi Cave, Gele Mountain, Shapingba District, Chongqing 400000, China Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: 023-65312013
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
Located at the foot of the Gele Mountains, the Zhazi Cave also known as the Zha Zi Dong, shares the history of the mountains during the period of the war for communism. The cave was originally a coalmine founded in 1920. In 1938 it became a prison for revolutionaries. In 1943, it became the office for Sino-American Co-Operation.
The cave has been the birthplace of many a war stories and moving tales. Today, the cave is physically far from its dark and eerie history and is rather beautiful with pretty scenic spots. It is informative about the history of the area and has free sightseeing bus rides to go about exploring. There are shops to buy souvenirs to take back. There is also a shop at the site which offers tourists to wear comrade uniforms of the communists and get their pictures clicked.
A trip to the Gele Mountains after visiting the Zhazi Cave for a deeper insight into the war history is well worth it.
Zhazi Cave Travel Tips
- Beware of scammers at the entrance who will try to sell you tickets.
How to Reach Zhazi Cave
- Take a bus to Xinqiao of Shaping Area to Geleshan Town then get a nonstop to Zhazi Cave.
- Yunxiu Restaurant
- Chongqing Qiqi Hot Pot
- Jianda Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chongqing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chongqing and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Zhazi Cave Address: Zhazi Cave, Gele Mountain, Shapingba District, Chongqing 400000, China
- Zhazi Cave Contact Number: 023-65312013
- Zhazi Cave Timing: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Zhazi Cave(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Zhazi Cave: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
39.77% of people who visit Chongqing include Zhazi Cave in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
88.89% of people start their Zhazi Cave visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Zhazi Cave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zhazi Cave
People normally club together Jiefang Monument and Ci Qi Kou while planning their visit to Zhazi Cave.